30 October 2018
I didn't know what to expect from this publication - but having read it I found myself thinking about the changes in organisations I have worked in over the past 20 years.
The increased flexibility in where we work (more often from home or from hot-desks), how we work (increasing numbers of competing priorities and complexities) and who we work with (increasingly diverse work-forces with challenges of child-care, community and religious pressures). Most of the changes seem to have been driven by business benefit or business need (more often than not cost-savings).
I then thought about the managers and leaders I have worked for in these organisations and how many of them have lacked the vision or bravery to adopt practices that really differentiate them from our historic working practices. Those that have displayed that vision (and have appreciated the differences in the younger generations coming into the workforce) have usually been the ones that inspire their teams, generate loyalty and achieve success as a result.
MacGregor and Simpson's well-structured book gives a comprehensive and insightful guide to this subject matter and provides some practical techniques and approaches to addressing these. A really valuable and timely publication.
0Comment Report abuse Permalink