VINE VOICE
23 June 2018
To be honest I'm new to Emily Hauser and when I saw the premise I was more than intrigued as I remembered a part of it being used as back story in the recent Wonder Woman film. However upon receiving it and learning that it was the third part in a trilogy I was a little upset as I hadn't read the other two and worried that I wouldn't get everything out of it that I should do.

What occurred within was, for me, a book that can be read as a standalone without leaving you feeling that you're missing anything from the previous two. The characters are rounded and whilst the males are all detestable (which to be honest I suspect that they probably were in that time period) the female protagonists came across very well. I liked the dialogue, loved the way that their interactions spoke volumes as to their goals and drive alongside admiring the way that the story was very organic despite falling back into mythology.

All round, it was a book that I really enjoyed spending time with and I will be picking up the earlier two novels to get the full flavour and have already added Emily to my TBR list for future endeavours. Magic
One person found this helpful
0Comment Report abuse Permalink