Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Explore Subscribe & Save across Household brands Shop now The Equalizer 2 The Equalizer 2 The Equalizer 2 Learn more Shop Fire Shop Now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

The manufacturer commented on the review below4 January 2018
Had a Garmin now for 6 months and while I've generally liked it, here are my thoughts:
Good:
* Pretty good step counting, HR monitoring etc. Basically, it does what it says on the tin.
* Great for syncing with phone - really like the fact that even when my phone is on silent it will buzz for incoming calls. I leave my phone on silent all the time now. (iPhone)
* App is pretty good, though it doesn't work with Polar HR sensors which I like to use for serious exercise (particularly intervals/running/etc.). I realise they have their own thing but they let us sync with MyFitnessPal why not Polar? I use a 3rd party sync app thing instead.

Average:
* The plastic strap can be irritating, if you strap it hard enough for it to accurately read HR. (i.e. so it doesn't move around.)
* Some of the stuff in the app doesn't work for this one, such as custom courses (I suppose because no GPS).

Bad:
* Strap lasted only 6 months before tearing at base of the computery part, and then breaking completely. Normally this would be a 2 star job but they've offered to replace the device so I can't complain too much. It'd be nice if you could just get a new band but they have to do a RMA and send you a new one. No idea how long this offer will last though...
* What the hell is the point of the automatic activity sensing if it won't add it to your list of activities? Ridiculous. (Still, not a dealbreaker. Just seems useless so I don't know why they bothered.)
review image
20 people found this helpful
11 Comment Report abuse Permalink
The manufacturer commented on the review (What's this?)
Thank you for your feedback. As the strap is part of the body of the watch it's not possible to replace just the strap, we look at each customer query individually and determine the best course of action depending on the situation.
The Move IQ feature is mostly aimed toward individuals who are not interested in the data for that activity but wish to see trends.

- Garmin Product Support