Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Game of Thrones Game of Thrones Game of Thrones Learn more Shop Fire Shop Now Learn More Shop now Shop now

12 November 2014
For the price this is a rip off. It's made with flimsy shoddy plastic so the parts will cost sod all - though I remember Tefal spares dept asking something like £25 for a replacement plastic spoon, so they're in it to make money!
BUT it does cook nice chips with a single spoon of olive oil.
They're not chip-shop chips, they're not the brilliant continental style chips where they double fry them to be crisp and light outside, soft inside. But they're passable - I'd even say very nice, and use so little oil you can have them often.
On mine the locking mechanism on the lid broke off - it's a couple of thin transparent plastic hooks on the lid that clip into the base unit, and the lid has to be closed for it to work.
I looked for a new lid on the web, but at the time they were out of stock, as well as being £40 ish (as I remember, might be wrong about that, but for a flimsy bit of plastic, it was dear!) so it looked to be either a new actifry at over £100, or no chips.
Then my wife had the idea of weighting the lid down with something. I tried a large empty saucepan, with to my surprise not only held the lid down, but allowed the actifry to work.
So for the past four years, I've cooked chips in this thing with a saucepan holding the lid down.
Not elegant, but hey ho it works. So there's a tip for all of you with broken catches on the lid.
5 people found this helpful