Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Explore Subscribe & Save across Household brands Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

26 June 2018
Used BT earphones for years, going back to 2011 and the then excellent Sony MW600. They were eventually replaced by Plantronics Backbeat Go 2’s. Lately I’ve been using a combination of AirPods for convenience and quiet environments, and BeatsX for other situations. Bose QC35 in the house and on very long trips when I can be bothered to carry them.

Nearest comparison to the Track+ would be the BeatsX which I’ve been reasonably satisfied with for a while now, with a few niggles (the stupidly long wire my biggest beef).

Impressions after 2 days of using these - the Track+ are imo far better than the BeatsX. Better sound quality (to my ears, possibly aided by the noise cancellation in noisy environment), better form factor (a reasonably lengthed wire!), IPX4 water resistance (BeatsX aren’t officially water resistant) and crucially two defining features of the Track+ that the BeatsX lack;

-Noise Cancellation. I wasn’t expecting too much from the Track+ due to how slight the wire and form of the device is. Most other NC wireless buds have a box attached or a neck band. These have neither and still deliver good NC. It’s not as good as the Bose QC35 I also use, but that’s inevitable as they’re much bigger and a different category of headphone. But the NC really DOES make a difference on these, and switching between the different levels is very easy. I’ve used them for a couple of car journeys and a train trip and it’s pretty effective at drowning out wind, hums and whirs.

-They stay connected to two devices at once eg I can listen on my phone, pause, and resume something on my iPad and they just work. No dipping into BT settings to press the connect button. Bose products do this, blows my mind that AirPods and BeatsX DON’T do this despite the supposedly superior W1 chip in those (namely, you have to select them in a connection dialogue when alternating between iPhone/iPad).

Battery life lives up to the advertised amount so far. 6 hours with max NC, 8 with little/none. I use them with max NC mostly and in my entirely unscientific guess, I’m getting over 6 hours as advertised. Enough for my usage for a day, and I’ll likely be charging them daily.

Sadly uses micro USB. USB C would have been nice, but at least they do charge very quickly regardless.

Fit fine in my ears, but that’s a hard one to judge as everyone is different.

All in all, really pleased with this purchase. Been wanting noise cancellation in this form factor for ages and the Track+ definitely deliver.

EDIT: I notice another review claiming NC is non existent. This is demonstrably absolute twaddle. In fact, a recent update increased the NC to -23db. I’m sat typing this on a train, and switching NC off and makes a BIG difference. Choose who you want to believe, heh.
6 people found this helpful