Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Explore Subscribe & Save across Household brands Shop now Learn more Learn more Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

7 August 2014
Beware - if you get the white model of these scales you need an iphone to set it up and THEN you can use an Android app to run it. However if you do not have an iphone you should get the black model of these scales as they can be set up with an Android device.

Set up is very easy and it works over our wireless network in the house (rather than bluetooth). This means you can weigh yourself and seconds later the data will have transferred direct to your Withings online account which you can access through a PC or on your tablet/phone. Very clever. I prefer using the website to control my account as it has more functionality.

Coming from Tanita BC543 scales the Withings scales are equally good quality in my opinion. Solid, and stable. The black gloss surface shows up all the dust etc which the clear Tanita scales didn't but hey ho. I cannot comment on accuracy as I have nothing to compare with but what matters to me is consistency and only time will tell on that front.

I got these scales rather than the WS50 model which costs £40 more because I don't need fat percentage (I know I need to lose a few pounds before I start worrying about that!) and am not interested in air quality or temperature which seem strange items to measure on a bathroom scale!

In short I would recommend these scales although I have only been using them for a week.

NB We had previously bought much cheaper Salter scales which came extremely highly rated on a well known catalogue type shop but they were small and finicky. No comparison to the Withings. You really do get what you pay for.
8 people found this helpful