Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Learn more Fire 7 Tablet Shop Now Learn More Shop now Shop now

14 January 2019
I love this dictionary! - It is quite comprehensive in the different categories it covers, from the body including the organs, to shopping, to office, stationery, food ingredients, travelling, sightseeing, hotel, bedroom, house etc. I love that the pictures are clear. Gives a wide variety i.e. milk whole, semi-skimmed, skimmed, cheeses - hard, soft, types of cheese etc

I would consider this fanatastic for an Italian beginner to intermediate student as I am. In class we were given 100 words to look up and it useful to have this dictionary to look up the words and pictures. In Italian there are very similar words or words which are the same but mean something different i.e. the word " nipote", means granddaugher, grandson, niece & nephew and the only distinction is the prefix of male (il) or female (la) and its handy to have the pictures just to wrap your head around these nuances of the italian language.

Everyone learns differently, for me this helps the word stick in my mind and appreciate the nuances of the language.

I will also be carrying it with me on holiday to Rome in May 2019 to help when going to the il supermercato & ristorante's and for general assistance when I get stuck. I genuinely like the idea of making an effort to learn/ speak the language of the country I visit and this dictionary has helped me immensely along with my classes.

My only negative is that in some sections you have a vocabulary section and hints on asking one or two questions i.e in the restuarant ( how to ask for a table / menu/ bill) the time Che ore sono? what time is it? and how to answer the time ( sono le tre..... etc) - but it doesn't do this for all sections, which is a shame.

But all in all a solid 4.5 stars - my classmate liked it so much she has also purchased one.
2 people found this helpful