17 September 2013
I have never used a pasta machine before, but we are both diabetic, like ravioli, but have been a bit dismayed by the ratio of pasta to filling. We have to be careful how much pasta we eat.
Made a simple basic dough. 8oz 00 pasta flour and 2 eggs with a pinch of salt. Used 1/3 to clean the machine and see how it worked and it was really simple. (Watched a clip on web to get the idea).
Used the other 2/3 to first roll it out and then cut into strips. Worked a treat but it is better if you have another pair of hands to guide the strips through as they tend to stick together if you just let them go into a heap. Other tip is to cut the long piece of dough before you make strips - you would think it would be obvious, but I didn't cut it and the strips were 2 feet long - might be why I needed another pair of hands!
Found this made an edible but bit leathery dough and will make the next lot using just egg yolks and try ravioli.
I didn't expect to be able to make any pasta until I had practiced so I was delighted.
One person found this helpful
0Comment Report abuse Permalink