Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Explore Subscribe & Save across Household brands Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

9 January 2009
We bought this as a little extravagence - it is fair to say that at £100 it is not cheap. However, it was money extremely well spent, this is truly a lovely piece of kit.

The problem we faced was a very active 14 month old boy who liked being involved. In everything! He particularly loves helping me cook and this was becoming very impractical.

I considered getting a sling but then happened on a recommendation for the FunPod. My son took to it immediately. He stands happily in it for any length of time, he "cooks" with me on the work surface, he puts knives and forks into the rack. He loves being up at Daddy height. He also loves playing Peek-a-Boo in it. He doesn't at all look or feel hemmed in it. If anything, I think he regards it as his own little private space. It is always funny to find what he has stashed away in it when I take him out.

It is very well made and finished, sturdy and HEAVY. It does require a bit of "lugging around" but then if it was lighter it would not be solid.

We have a very small kitchen and it is not entirely practical to have this in there but it seems to be revolutionising our time in there. Archie has gone from being clingy and demanding to being happy as larry. This may be due to the novelty and time will tell if the novelty wears off but I suspect and hope that it will not - after all, the possibilities of what he can do once he is in his Pod are endless...

Finally, I had a small concern about the Pod and am happy to say that I received a very warm welcome when I called Little Helper (the manufacturer) who were friendly and courteous and resolved my question very well. Worth mentioning as this is not always the case...
50 people found this helpful