Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Green Book Green Book Green Book Learn more Fire 7 Tablet Shop Now Learn More Learn more Shop now

12 July 2016
Fingers in the Sparkle Jar...Chris Packham
Sipping my cup of coffee in bed recently I became absolutely enthralled whilst listening to a daily reading on the BBC; an extract from Chris Packhams book, Fingers in the Sparkle Jar. Oh the sheer wonders of modern technology that then enabled me to instantly visit an online bookstore, and purchase Chris’s book, that fifteen minutes ago I hadn’t even known existed.
Who of us has never experienced loss of one kind or another? Reading Chris’s intricately detailed account of his adventure into falconry was fascinating stuff, the tiny details, the painful trials to achieve his goal was captivating. I read on and on with mounting tension as Chris fell deeper and deeper in love with his bird. I was sobbing inside long before I reached the account of his bird’s slow demise and eventual death.
Chris Peckham’s character and passion shine through this memoir, I loved it. One final review; I discovered that this book was also available with audio for a small extra charge which I added and was a complete bonus for me. I spent an enjoyable weekend at a well known theme park with my family, listening to Chris’s captivating voice reading his own memoir, whilst my children did the ‘Scary’ rides. Brilliant.

Fingers in the Sparkle Jar: A Memoir