Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Explore Subscribe & Save across Household brands Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

26 July 2018
This is the first ‘thing' I have bought for myself in a long time. As soon as it was available to pre order I ordered it. I did hesitate, at first, but went ahead and purchased it and I looked forward to it reaching my kindle.
On the day it arrived I was so excited. I waited though, until all the kids were in bed, the husband was happily engrossed in a film, the housework was done, it was then my time! I took myself off to bed, and started reading.
I literally could not put it down. I cried, I laughed, I cried a bit more. So much of the book resonated with me. The failed relationships, the abuse, all the forms it comes in, which when so young you don’t recognise, things don’t feel right but you don’t know how to get out. The hideous overbearing crippling anxiety and depression that you try to work through but you just feel like you’re drowning. Seeing the look on your families faces from the lies until you can no longer bare to see them anymore. The powerful realisation of the hurt you have caused by being with an abuser.
The hope that comes from one person’s wish to not see you suffer anymore.
It got late and I couldn’t read anymore, literally my eyes needed matchstick. I wanted to do the book justice and read it properly, not miss out a single sentence. I woke up early, 5am, an unheard of time when you have 3 kids (every minute in bed is precious) but I wanted to finish the book. Plus, getting up early before anyone was awake meant I didn’t have ‘mum guilt', they were still sleeping soundly, it was a win win!
I finished the book, I enjoyed every unadulterated minute of it.
It was cathartic from start to finish.
I will most definitely be reading it again soon. Setting my alarm and being immersed in writing so raw, so passionate, so honest, real and damn true. That is uplifting.
If you don’t follow the PTWM page, you should, it’s a revelation, and has been my saviour. Support the causes by any means that you can, every little helps.
Keep on doing what you do so well, being real xx
8 people found this helpful