Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Explore Subscribe & Save across Household brands Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

31 January 2018
This book has altered the way in which I look at our society. It's not at all the sort of thing I'd normally read. I needn't have worried. It's a great book!

The integrity with which it's written challenges the reader to examine their own views and prejudices, to look for the truth in the views held by people whose politics we don't share and to attempt a critical consideration of the beliefs that hold ourselves.

I'm lucky enough that I don't live in poverty. This book offers an insight into why many that do can find it hard to avoid destructive behaviours. But it doesn't just excuse those behaviours. Instead it deals with how society, government, our parents and ourselves all have a role to play in improving our lot. There's a focus too on pragmatism in politics. We live in a society where people are becoming more and more strident in condemning those who think differently from themselves. Is this righteous zeal helping us to make a better world or would finding more consensus prove more helpful?

Woven through the other themes is the author's own inspiring story. From abuse, addiction and mental illness to what seems to be a much brighter future.

Highly recommended!