Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Explore Subscribe & Save across Household brands Shop now Learn more Learn more Shop Now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

14 November 2013
I hate Cooking.

I use mostly fresh supermarket prepared veggies, small potatoes, small button mushrooms. I only have to prepare 3 things, brown the beef stewing steak ( you don't need to do this but I find it helps to lock in the taste of the meat ), crush or chop up some cloves of garlic and chop up some large red onion. The rest I just throw in the pot. Even the stock is shop branded pre-made ( I also add a bottle of shop branded red Merlot wine. This weekend I'm going to try adding a really big dollop of mustard. Gravy could do with thickening a bit and if it goes well with the mustard I might try adding something else like Tyme.

I don't have to watch it. I just stick it on Low setting overnight and in the morning it's done. I can then put some of the delicious stew in a wide mouthed Thermos and take it to work with me. Then when I get back there's loads of dinner.

Being single, I think I should have bought the smaller version of this. On the other hand though, it makes a number of meals in one single blow. A lot less messing around in the kitchen and a lot less to clean up afterwards.

I was surprised that you can cook loads of other stuff with it ( if you like experimenting in the kitchen - personally I like to get in, get it done, then get out ).

You'll love it - especially during the winter time :)
3 people found this helpful