Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Explore Subscribe & Save across Household brands Shop now Learn more Learn more Shop Now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

11 October 2018
Bought for serotonergic stimulation; and used in conjunction with L-Tyrosine to also boost Dopamine; for brain / mood-hacking purposes.

5-HTP is not one to be messed around with lightly, especially if on prescribed medications, but if used with care can be life-changing. For me, it and L-Tyrosine helped elevate my mood and clear brain fog following a period of chronic stress / grief (like a light being turned back on). I had also dabbled with it in the past as a sleep aid to ensure good quality rejuvenative deep sleep and had success with it also.

The main thing I noticed with this brand was that I didn't ever get any of the vivid nightmares that I had with some other brands previously. It's possible that this may be due to something to do with the extraction process or source material going into these capsules; but equally could simply be down to me taking these earlier in the day than I had previously. Also I didn't have any severe (morning) grogginess, either when taking in morning as mood booster, nor separately in the early evening as a sleep aid, but again this could be for the above reasons. Either way this was a very stable product for me.

I only ever took 1-a-day which was plenty and took lots of supplement holidays - i.e. 3weeks on / 1week off so as to avoid downregulation i.e. I wanted it to kick my own system into functioning as it had before, and it played its' part in delivering a lot of forward progress in this respect.

It is a supplement that I would probably use several times a year and I will likely obtain from Nu U again.
14 people found this helpful