Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Learn more Learn more Shop Now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

14 July 2015
I'm writing this review months after reading this, so I cannot recall the detail. If you're interested in this, then get it. I felt it could have been garnished a bit while still staying true to fact. In other words, the same information could have been brought across in a far more interesting fashion. The other big issue I had - surely, even if its not absolutely certain, there must be some more information out there on how his expedition to Ireland (and those with him and around him after Cromwell himself left half-way through the expedition) effected the ordinary people. I mean, we know that the ordinary Irish people suffered terribly and in particular in the years afterwards, although in fairness, this book does not I think claim to cover the subsequent period. People should never forget (although most have) the dregs of mankind who then surfaced to basically feed-off the defenseless ordinary Irish (what was left of them), especially from 1652 onwards. The few wealthy Irish who only thought about themselves, skedaddled to comfort abroad and then came back a few centuries later. Some of the descendants of both are still in Ireland. Well worth reading but could also have been better. I'm not sure it gave me the full picture.
0Comment Report abuse Permalink