5 September 2012
This isn't the sort of book I normally read, but it's priced low (and was free for a while) so I gave it a go.

Rebecca Woodhead has a very accessible, easy style to her writing, and covers a lot a ground quickly, so it's not a ponderously long read, and there are a fair few comic situations to lighten the mood.

The set-up in the first chapter was brisk, so we very quickly get to the point. I'm glad I didn't know too much about the main character in chapter one, otherwise I might not have had much sympathy for her; but by the time I did learn more about her, I was already on her side and wanting things to turn out well for her.

That's the thing about this book - there are some enjoyable characters (including the dog).

If I have a criticism, it's that the final chapters went by a little too quickly. I would have liked things to slow down a little and be explored in a bit more depth.

But it ends in a way that could result in a nice series with people you'd want to revisit.
2 people found this helpful