Learn more Download now Browse your favorite restaurants Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

on 4 January 2018
Where to start, I would give this product 0 if the option was available. First things first, my watch turned up broken and would not charge or power on at all but I'll take you through the experience.

I opened up the package to find the full instructions for the watch are on a piece of card a tiny bit larger than a credit card. Now I'm not stupid and I do not need a full booklet for a watch that only has a few functions to play around with but a few pictures of the of the watch in action on a few different screens would be nice (not just the one generic, back, centre and front of green distance picture). The Callaway website is really bad and has even less information regarding the watch than the little piece of card they give you.

The USB charger cable comes with the watch and I think it's supposed design is like a meal in a really expensive restaurant where you get half a chicken breast and 2 asparagus stalks. The end of the cable is supposed to be magnetic which has a couple of little flimsy connection pins. The magnetic part is nowhere near strong enough and slides all over the place. Even the instructions state "make sure you line up the little pins as you connect the magnets". Now for a nearly 200 quid watch, I don't want to be having to fiddle around lining up pins and making sure the magnetic part hasn't slid off when I put the watch down.

If anyone is experiencing any issues charging up this product, good luck trying to find out if there is a charging indicator bar when you have the watch on charge or even a screenshot of the watch connected to the magnetic charger. From the reviews I have read, if you are lucky enough to get a working charger cable, do NOT lose it as Callaway will not give/sell you another.

The watch itself has a nice weight and I think would feel quite comfortable. Unfortunately the buttons on the watch feel like slightly larger plastic versions of the buttons on a 1980's Casio watch. I didn't actually get to test how responsive the buttons are as I could not power my watch up but from what I could feel, I assume that you would have to press the button all the way down for it to register which has a clunky feel.

Finishing up, even if my watch was not faulty I would not be happy with this product. The design faults coupled with Callaway obviously not caring about the customers/users to have a few more screenshots or a little extra detail on their website is too much for me. This watch should be worth around £25-£30 max.
2 people found this helpful