29 May 2016
I've seen Dane perform a number of times and the energy of his readings leaps out and grabs you by the mind and forces you to listen. He says that he writes poetry to perform but I'm quite happy to lay back in bed and read these poems. I try doing them in my style which is drawling, well at least it is in bed, and I find they work well in that style too. They have a drum beat rhythm which works equally well in print or in voice. I can truthfully say that this is a fiery collection and you will marvel at his word play.There is not much in the way of political rant here and that's just fine by me. They are about Life. A compulsory addition to the poetry bookshelf.
0Comment Report abuse Permalink