Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Explore Subscribe & Save across Household brands Shop now The Equalizer 2 The Equalizer 2 The Equalizer 2 Learn more Shop Fire Shop Now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

6 June 2012
When I saw this sequel to 'Paradise' I had a suspicion that I would find it less readable than Glenn's earlier book. In fact I got into it more quickly and enjoyed it more.
I like the vivid portrayals of body, soul and spirit. Souls are little islands pulled through space by pengubs. They reflect the thoughts and emotions of the people to which they belong.
One elderly lady, Corrie, has the most beautiful island soul, but her body is in a bad way. Halfway through the book Jamie meets her in the flesh for the first time. It is probably a reflection of my own warped sense of humour that I found the encounter hilariously funny.
I look forward to the next installment.
0Comment Report abuse Permalink