3 September 2017
 I have bought this because I don't shave anymore due to ingrowing hairs. I had been using a Philips 3 head shaver but this still cut the hairs so close that I had ingrowing ones still. About 6 years ago I bought a Wahl beard trimmer which stopped the ingrowing hair problem straight away. I don't have the smooth shave I once had but I don't have the pain neither. The Wahl trimmer didn't last though and neither did the second one, the batteries just reduced and reduced until I was just getting one shave out of them. That and the ease of use is why I have bought this one.

This one has a nice little charging stand but the best bit about the charging on this Babyliss as opposed to others I have had is the visible indication of charging and also the level of charge in it (in the cradle and out). No taking it on trips and running out of charge anymore and in addition, the lithium battery gives 70 minutes use from a 80 minute charge. It has a quick charge facility as well if you do happen to get caught short though.

I can cut down to 0.4mm with the head on it or down to about 0.2 with the guard off. This comes off if I am trimming my ears or sideburns. The adjustment is controlled by up and down buttons and the cut depth is shown on the trimmers screen (along with the useable trimming time). The noise level on this is lower than I have been used to also.

Fully waterproof, so easy to clean, this is a winner for me. If there is a negative from me it is only the on/off button. It could do with being higher up the trimmer to make it easier to turn on/off.

This gets a full 10/10 score from me and a definite recommendation. Much more substantial that the Wahl and better for everyday use
23 people found this helpful