Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Learn more Learn more Shop Now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

11 November 2017
Unfortunately the Jaybird X3s make a constant very noticeable white noise (hissing) whenever they are active. The noise completely ruins listening to audio books and is only drowned out by loud music.

I assumed this was a single defective Jaybird X3 unit. However after getting a replacement unit, it had the same issue.

The issue occurred on both units straight out of the box, and was not resolved by factory resets. I was pairing with an iPhone 6s, running iOS 10. The hissing was also audible for several seconds when turning the headphones on, even when my phones Bluetooth was off.

I previously used the Jaybird X2s on a daily basis for over a year and a half and never noticed any static / white noise / hissing. I was a big fan of the Jaybird X2s and wanted to enjoy this product as much as the previous generation.

If anyone from Jaybird reads this, is this a known issue with a faulty batch? If so I would consider buying a new pair when the issue is resolved. Otherwise I think I need to look elsewhere.
19 people found this helpful