Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Explore Subscribe & Save across Household brands Shop now The Equalizer 2 The Equalizer 2 The Equalizer 2 Learn more Learn more Shop Now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

28 February 2018
We travelled Scotland in September 2017, touring in a little campervan and I purchased this book to help. As you will find if you travel the more remote parts of Scotland, phone signal can be hit and miss. You will be fine on the main A roads but venture off and signal quickly vanishes and internet will be hard to rely on. If you tend to plan and research on your phone you may get caught short.

This book filled the gap perfectly and my partner enjoyed reviewing and planning our visits using this book. It's well organised if a little hard to read but only because of the sheer volume of content it has. It also doesn't have much in the way of pictures which surprised me but didnt stop it being useful.

My only bugbear is the author seems to use his book to take a dig at and berate caravan and motorhome owners for example and doesn't waste an opportunity to say what a blight they are. Ironic really as they are probably a good portion of the people who are his customers. These little remarks grated on me even though I had neither a carvan or a motorhome and is why I have docked it a star. I felt like he was saying "Best country in the world, but if you are in a caravan, campervan or motorhome don't come visit!". Just felt a little unprofessional in an otherwise outstanding guide.
2 people found this helpful