Profile for Rob Paul > Reviews

Content by Rob Paul

Rob Paul "Melton Robbo" (Mental Mowbray)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 13 Oct. 2015
A nice box. I don't use it to its full potential as my internet is shieet.

KKmoon 40m/131ft Digital Distance Meter Distance Measuring Device Tool Range Finder with Bubble Level
Offered by Feeego

5.0 out of 5 stars Accurate!, 13 Oct. 2015
For the price it is great. It does not have an inclinometer so automatic angled measurments are not accurate, but these meters are 6X more expensive.
A very accurate meter. Well worth £26 what I paid.

TomTom GO 5000 5-inch Sat Nav with European Maps and Lifetime Map and Traffic Updates - Black/Grey
Offered by LCD & Plasma Service GmbH

4.0 out of 5 stars Better and better with each update, 10 July 2014
Had my GO5000 a few months now and my impressions have changed from when I had first used it.
Negatives first.
No 3rd party Poi input.
Speed camera warnings sometimes don't work.
Small icons and letters (need glasses to read)

If this sat nag had 3rd party poi input it would get 7 out of 5 stars for me. I NEED poi input for my job, so much so I had to buy a second tomtom just for work.
I could also put my 3rd party speed cameras on, which is one reason I suspect tomtom are avoiding this feature. £20/year for tomtom's cameras.
Speed cameras are unreliable. Sometimes it just doesn't show a camera. That camera could have been there 10 years.
I found the best way to solve this is to reboot it. And then it works. I just read someone elses review saying the car symbol should be without a cross on it. I didn't know this and this leads me on to the third negative.
Symbols icons and lettering too small. My 50 year old eyes struggle to see half the stuff, the connected car and cross being one of them.

Positives
Beautiful design
Fast start up,
Excellent routing with traffic.
The best screen mount ever
Live search.... Thank you Thank you Thank you.
Alternate route

This is a lovely looking, sleek machine. Accessing the menu is a little slow, although it seems to have speeded up with newer updates. The routing is excellent, especially with live traffic. Very accurate prediction of when you will arrive. Live search is very slow, but a very very welcome feature.
I love the alternate search feature, with three alternate routes.
All in all, my verdict of this machine since owning has gone from 2 out of 5 to a definite 4.5 out of 5. If the 3rd party poi's issue is resolved it would be the icing on the cake.
Better and better with each update

AOC d2757Ph 27 inch 3D IPS LED Monitor
AOC d2757Ph 27 inch 3D IPS LED Monitor

5.0 out of 5 stars this monitor is very Greeeat!, 3 May 2014
Nothing to fault this monitor. Stunning colours. A great upgrade from my 17" 4:3 monitor.
Youtube has never looked so good.

TomTom GO Connect Cable
TomTom GO Connect Cable

1.0 out of 5 stars Buy a cheaper one for the car, 3 May 2014
Why not buy a poundland micro usb cable for the car? save the superfango overpriced tomtom lead for the computer updating. Yes it does work. Why do tomtom make a usb lead that is different for updating? Oh yeah, to make 1200% profit on a bloody usb lead.