Profile for Si > Reviews

Kingfisher  Rotary Line Cover
Kingfisher Rotary Line Cover
Offered by e Sales Pro Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap for a reason !, 31 May 2015
if you live anywhere windy then see if yours lasts more than a month. Cheap for a reason and tears like paper in the wind. Photo says it all
Comment Comment | Permalink

Panasonic RP-HJE450E-K  Ergo Fit Ear Canal Headphones - Black
Panasonic RP-HJE450E-K Ergo Fit Ear Canal Headphones - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Sure beats Shure (and Sony and Sennheiser for that fact), 6 July 2012
Now treating Headphones as consumables as never get more than 18 months before one ear mysteriously crackles for a few days, then stops working.

Always spent around £50-£70 on Shure or Sennheiser and was sceptical when I read all the glowing reviews for these.

However, unfounded..... a little bit bass heavy but for £20, truly smashing sound and soooo comfortable in the ear !!

Black Light
Black Light

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Stunning, 9 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Black Light (Audio CD)
Amazed at the negative reviews here.

I've had an 'interest' in GA for many years but wouldn't call myself a massive fan. However, this album finally jumped out and grabbed me.

Superb and no written review can do it any justice.

Mystery Man
Mystery Man
by Bateman

2.0 out of 5 stars A real struggle, 13 Aug. 2009
This review is from: Mystery Man (Paperback)
This really was a struggle to get through and I found the characterisation of the 2 main characters to be exceptionally poor. The author tries his best to portray our hero as a chronic hypochondriac, scared of his own shadow and allergic to anything and everything. However, this is overdone to the point of embarrassment. I also find it hard to `warm' to a leading character that I simply felt I wouldn't like.

The overriding emotion that stayed with me whilst reading this book was one of anger at my own self for being taken in by a few 5 star reviews and a pleasing cover. Only the joke (admittedly an old one) about the old man he meets in the hospital who `offers him his nuts', saves this tragically poor book from receiving a 1 star review.

Very poor, best avoided.

The Dice Man
The Dice Man
by Luke Rhinehart

2.0 out of 5 stars Could have been so good BUT ..., 8 July 2009
This review is from: The Dice Man (Paperback)
Around chapter 8, Luke has his first dice 'experience' and for the next few chapters I managed a few smiles as he (and on a funnier note, his son) let the dice guide their decision making with some hilarious options.

At this point, the book was full of promise and it triggered my own imagination into thinking of the endless options I would make for myself if I followed the dice. Embark on a journey, arrive at 1) A Ferry port 2) A train station 3) Take the car 4) An Airport 4) Take the bike 5) Walk 6) Stay at home. Would I buy a ticket to location 1,2,3,4,5 or 6. When I arrived at my random location would I do 1,2,3,4,5,or 6 etc etc. You get the picture of just how much I was looking forward to how the author was going to play this ....However, diabolical lack of imagination (even back in 1971) and as other reviewers have mentioned, it's really just one sexual conquest/engagement to another. Yes it paints a vivid picture of the degeneration of an intelligent human mind as it slips into illness but the book is so lacking in imagination it is staggering. Very poor.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Skid Marks !!, 23 April 2009
Shoes are fine as long as you are happy to leave black marks on any tiled damp surface you happen to walk into. They mark brutally and they are not easy marks to clean off.

Be warned

Offered by DVDMAX-UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Sad that the best song....., 30 Jan. 2008
This review is from: 19 (Audio CD)
.......on the album is a Dylan cover (Make you feel my love)

She does have a good voice but she's not quite worked out just how to use it properly, transitions between low and high are forced.

Songwriting really isn't the strongest and as mentioned, the standout track is Make you feel my love with Hometwon Glory coming a distant 2nd....

Full of promise but sadly not realised yet

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 (PS2)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 (PS2)
Offered by marxwax

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad my wife saved me on this one....., 10 Dec. 2007
.....but no thanks to the negative reviews on here though!

Having played 2003(think it was 2003) to death, stats showed around 27 holes in one and average score of around 50, and then thoroughly enjoying TW 2005, I was gutted to see the scathing reviews for 2008, so chose not to buy it.

However, to help my recovery following an operation in early November, Dear wife bought me TW 2008. Took me a couple of days to even bother picking it up as the reviews on here were so bad...

How wrong they all were.

The reason people are not liking this game...... CHANGE!

EA have dared mess with their usual putting engine and admittedly it looked all a bit confusing at first. Stick with it though and you'll find it 100% more intuitive than the old method and equally rewarding.

The only reason I mentioned average scores and holes in TW 2003 earlier was to show just how many hours of my life over the last 5 years had been taken up with TW Golf and whilst I only have 2005 to use as a benchmark for comparison I can say that 2008 beats it easily.

A bigger challenge and initially a bit awkward, but once you scratch the surface it's a winner. Had they used the same old tried and trusted formula then maybe it would have a safe 4 stars from everyone but ultimately the game would be mastered within 10 hours. This time they've dared to shake it up a bit and it's a good move.

The only slight gripe i have (which still doesn't detract from the 5 stars) is that one the occasional Tiger challenge (a skins game I think)you need to play a fourball which does drag whilst you wait for the other 3 players to take their shots....

Other than that, top notch

Nokia 6300 Crystal CASE
Nokia 6300 Crystal CASE

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it ......, 22 Aug. 2007
I bought two of these covers and both have broken within 3 months..

The plastic clips seem to break of their own accord and whilst the cover will stay loosely closed over the phone even with a clip broken, dirt ingress is then a problem which traps dirt between the cover and the phone. This in turn causes scratching of the screen.

Poor product

Sing-A-Longs & Lullabies For The Film Curious George
Sing-A-Longs & Lullabies For The Film Curious George
Offered by Mattpuss

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite classic Jack, 8 Feb. 2006
'Classic Jack' to me would include the likes of Banana Pancakes, Cupid, Mediocre Bad Guys, Flake, Rodeo Clowns, Better Together, Sitting Waiting Wishing, Inaudible Melodies, Fortunate Fool, F Stop Blues, In Between Dreams Medley...... etc
If the above are some of YOUR favourites then I don't think they'll be surprassed by anything on this album. Don't get me wrong, it's 'nice' and Jack does his very best to get the 'Save the Planet' message over to what will undoubtedly be a huge young audience that will hear his songs.
I feel that due to the nature of the album and the age of the target audience, alot of the emotion has been removed from Jack's work and leaves it as a bit of a 'bland' sing along affair.
It's good however and the first 2 tracks and last 2 are good enough to be on Brushfire Fairytales (personal favourite album!!) but the rest should be left to Sesame Street.
It's great for what it is, but I can't call it 'Classic Jack' due to the above reasons. Upside Down and Broken (tracks 1 and 2) come close, but still no cigar. There are simply no REAL classics that stand out. What the album really needs is maybe Zach Gill to pen a kids version of 'Girl I wanna lay you down' to bring the album to life with Jack giving it his vocal smoothness.
Still well worth 4 stars and a purchase.

Page: 1 | 2