Profile for DNY > Reviews

2 PIECES PVC WHITE RADIATOR PIPE COVER COLLAR ROSE 15mm x 2
2 PIECES PVC WHITE RADIATOR PIPE COVER COLLAR ROSE 15mm x 2
Offered by TNJ Pipe Clips

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for us, 27 Nov. 2016
The plastic has a pinkish hue, so next to white pipes, skirting and a white rad it looks horrible.

Nice large size though, for covering what's needed and easy to install and remove.

Ebac 3650e Dehumidifier with Smart Control, 18 Litre, White, 2 Year Warranty
Ebac 3650e Dehumidifier with Smart Control, 18 Litre, White, 2 Year Warranty

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 27 Nov. 2016
We were getting a lot of condensation and mould due to various issues and rather than fork out for a full rebuild of walls and damp courses, we bought this just to keep on top of it, until we work out what we want to do.

The room is now completely dry and the mould hasn't come back. We have to empty the Ebac every two days but other than that we just leave it on smart mode and it turns it self on and off when ever needed. So really easy to use.

It does make a humming noise but it's not intrusive in our opinion, if anything we'd class it as quiet.

very impressed and consider it money well spent.

Funky Chunky Furniture 4x6 Solid Oak Rustic Mantel Shelf , English Oak , 120cm
Funky Chunky Furniture 4x6 Solid Oak Rustic Mantel Shelf , English Oak , 120cm
Offered by Funky Chunky Furniture

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning quality, 10 Nov. 2016
it's stunning. It's a great quality chunk of solid oak, packed with character. We ordered the rustic English oak mantel and we couldn't be happier. The graining looks great, the edges have been chamfered (softened) so no sharp corners and all of the natural character of the wood has been left alone and simply looks great.

It's so simple to fit as well, it's like hanging a very heavy photo, once you've installed the fixings into the wall (ours were three bolts) simply hang the mantel off of them. The mantel itself has cut outs at the back with metal plates that will 'float' the mantel off of the fixings.

It took me about an hour to install, but that's more to do with me measuring everything, double checking and drawing it out to ensure it was centered and level. I installed this on my own but if you have a second pair of hands to help you lift it, it will make life a lot easier!

The wood arrived slightly damp, but will naturally dry out with the heating on. I won't light the fire until I feel it has dried out as I don't want to cause cracking (often resulting from rapid drying) but aside from this natural effect (not a quality issue) we have no complaints what so ever.

Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male Eau de Toilette for Men - 200 ml
Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male Eau de Toilette for Men - 200 ml
Offered by Perfume Shop LLC

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake or heavily watered down... or Both!, 5 Nov. 2016
I've been using this after shave for years and it has a lovely strong smell. I usually buy the smaller bottles from Amazon but this larger size represented a bit of a saving.

The bottle isn't embossed it's printed and the print flakes off at the slightest touch. The aftershave it self smells sour rather than sweet and after about 3 minutes the smell has gone completely.

The spray itself shoots out a stream of aftershave rather than a fine mist like my current smaller bottle.

This will be going back for a refund, get the smaller 75ml bottles, still good value compared to the shops, but yet to have a fake one!

Gardena Fertiliser Dispenser
Gardena Fertiliser Dispenser

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gadget, 4 Aug. 2016
I have an irrigation system which over the years is a mix of brands and components. However, because it does the watering for me I don't go round with the hose or watering can any more, so I struggled to think of how to fertilise everything. This does the job perfectly and I've since bought another one for the front garden. It's easy to use and I just fill it with any old liquid based fertiliser and it just works. Very happy with them and the quality is excellent.

Crocs Unisex Adult's Crocband Flip Flops - Black 9 UK Men/10 UK Women (43-44 EU)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent flip flops!, 4 Aug. 2016
Bought these for the beach but ended up wearing them the entire time. Very comfortable and supportive, look great and they're nice and light too without compromising on their sturdiness. The only down side is that if you have the tiniest tuft of hair on your feet the rubber will pull and irritate the hair, causing quite a sore patch. Overall I'm really pleased with these and I didn't feel as though they were 'woman's' shoes, so would happily buy some more and they're really cheap too!

The BFG (Colour Edition)
The BFG (Colour Edition)
by Roald Dahl

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a wonderful book!, 4 Aug. 2016
I wasn't in to reading when I was a child, so I never really understood the mindset of 'you must read the book, it's far better than the film' when ever talking about Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings Etc. It has meant that whilst I've heard of 'The BFG' I didn't know the story, as I'd not read the book before. However, on a recent 'staycation' to southern England, with little to no access to the Internet, a book was a must. I luckily chose this one (although the front cover was illustrative of the new film, as bought from a service station) the story is amazing even as an adult I can appreciate it, the beauty of the book is that the bulk of the story is what you interpret between the lines. Roald Dahl describes everything with a slight vagueness which enables you to imagine the world and characters your own way and get lost in your own imagination, with just guidance from the book and it's beautiful illustrations to keep you on track. I found myself completely lost in the book and it has inspired me to read more. The only downside to the book, is that because it's aimed at little kids, not big kids. So It was a quick read, however Amazon are selling his entire collection for around £23. So will be buying this later! I've also Started to Read David Walliams range of kids books as he's taken inspiration from Roald Dahl. So far I've found his books to be great as well, so if you like this, he's range of books is worth trying. Again, all the paper back editions are priced well on Amazon, the kindle versions are more expensive though.
Comment Comment | Permalink

iPhone 6s Screen Protector, JETech 2-Pack [3D Touch Compatible] Premium Tempered Glass Screen Protector Film for Apple iPhone 6 and iPhone 6s Newest Model 4.7
Offered by JEDirect UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Great protector but doesn't seem to last long, 1 Aug. 2016
Great screen protector, easy to apply and protects the screen from 'a lot' of bumps and drops. My only gripe is that my screen protectors always seem to just disintegrate after just one year.

10 x 15mm Radsnaps and Collars CHROME
10 x 15mm Radsnaps and Collars CHROME
Offered by Central Supplies Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Sadly, just not right for us., 21 Mar. 2016
Bought these for our Kitchen Radiator pipes. They're cheap and cheerful but we found that they easily bend when installing and aren't the best for accuracy. I.e some were loose, some were too tight etc.

Also when using cleaning products to clean the floor, these discolour on first contact, making them quite pointless for us but If you're using them in a room such as a bedroom or lounge, where the most that they'd come in contact with is a hoover, then I'd guess your experience would be different. Based on our experience, I can't recommend them.

Fairly easy to fit and cut to length though, providing you have some in the pack that do fit well.

Clementoni Despicable Me Impossible Puzzle (1000 pcs)
Clementoni Despicable Me Impossible Puzzle (1000 pcs)

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes for a great gift., 21 Mar. 2016
It's not impossible but it is a good test/teaser and theres no easy graphic to try and follow. Starting from the edges isn't that much help because all the bits look the same once you're more than one puzzle piece in! Set a side a good few hours, if not days as the frustration might mean you'll give up and attack it again tomorrow!

Bought it for my dad as a gift, as he loves big puzzles and it's a much loved addition to his collection.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10