Profile for DNY > Reviews

10 x 15mm Radsnaps and Collars CHROME
10 x 15mm Radsnaps and Collars CHROME
Offered by Central Supplies Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Sadly, just not right for us., 21 Mar. 2016
Bought these for our Kitchen Radiator pipes. They're cheap and cheerful but we found that they easily bend when installing and aren't the best for accuracy. I.e some were loose, some were too tight etc.

Also when using cleaning products to clean the floor, these discolour on first contact, making them quite pointless for us but If you're using them in a room such as a bedroom or lounge, where the most that they'd come in contact with is a hoover, then I'd guess your experience would be different. Based on our experience, I can't recommend them.

Fairly easy to fit and cut to length though, providing you have some in the pack that do fit well.

Clementoni Despicable Me Impossible Puzzle (1000 pcs)
Clementoni Despicable Me Impossible Puzzle (1000 pcs)
Offered by AAA Toys

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes for a great gift., 21 Mar. 2016
It's not impossible but it is a good test/teaser and theres no easy graphic to try and follow. Starting from the edges isn't that much help because all the bits look the same once you're more than one puzzle piece in! Set a side a good few hours, if not days as the frustration might mean you'll give up and attack it again tomorrow!

Bought it for my dad as a gift, as he loves big puzzles and it's a much loved addition to his collection.

Genuine Autoglym Instant Tyre Dressing 500ml x3 Bundle SAVE 10% (ITD500)
Genuine Autoglym Instant Tyre Dressing 500ml x3 Bundle SAVE 10% (ITD500)
Offered by Panama Cleaning Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars A 'Wheely' great spray!, 21 Mar. 2016
Really good value buying in a multipack. The product it self is also top notch. I've recently grown to love Autoglym products. Usually I just buy the cheap stuff from the supermarket, which usually does the job perfectly. However after stumbling on some Autoglym products when they were on sale, I'm now hooked!

I do a lot of motorway driving and the wheels get very dirty, very quickly, this seems to be the only product I've found that lasts a decent amount of time. It's in no way permanent, but as long as you keep the car clean, it's easy to give a quick spray of this stuff and the tyres are back looking like new!

I like to give my tyres a shiny look, so when I've finished rinsing my car (i've washed the tyres first as well), just before I start drying it, I spray this liberally directly on to the tyre walls and leave it. It's that simple. Once I've finished drying the car, I then walk round and double check the tyres and wipe off any excess that has run on to the alloys, but other than that the tyres are done, I leave it to dry to a lovely shine.

If you want a matt look, you can spay onto a cloth a rub in, or spray onto the wheels and rub off. Either will work. It's personal choice. I prefer the shine, which luckily for me is less effort as well! It's a win win!

Bilt Hamber Double Speed-Wax 250ml
Bilt Hamber Double Speed-Wax 250ml
Offered by Saverschoice UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great wax, great price and will last ages!, 21 Mar. 2016
Ok so firstly let's set the scene: I recently bought a new car (16 plate) and as it's new the novelty of looking after it, is very much in full swing. It's just a family car (crossover type), not a super expensive sports car, but I feel better and happier driving a clean car. I'm in no way a professional car cleaner (I.e don't really know what I'm doing, I just like a shiny car!). I just clean it by hand with a bucket a sponge when the weathers nice! I bought this wax based on the positive reviews and it didn't disappoint.

I found it extremely easy to apply. I had cleaned my car first and dried it, before using the applicator pad supplied to rub the wax on. What I found great about this wax, is that a little goes a long way and I do mean a little. I can see a single tub of wax lasting me years and years, probably longer than my ownership of the car itself! It's also very easy to remove, although if you've applied too much (which I had in some areas), then it can take more effort to buff off, but a bit of elbow grease and it generates a stunning level of glossy shine.

The wax when dry, like most car waxes dries to a haze no matter what surface its on. However, I found it just as easy to buff off the wax on the plastic / rubber bumpers/trim and chrome surrounds as I did the metal body of the car. Which was a huge plus, as some waxes are a nightmare to remove from the plastic bits.

The shine is great, the car even feels as glossy as it now looks! it's too early for me to comment on durability but I do feel that ease of use, the fact it can be buffed off of plastic and leave it looking great rather than marked and the cost vs how long it will last, have firmly made this my 'go to' wax. It also doesn't generate a large amount of 'dust' which can often plague a newly waxed car.

Edit: a week later and dirt just doesn't stick. It's still extremely shiny and if I wipe my hand over any droplets of dirt for example, they just come off as if it were dust. Usually I'd have to scratch or rub the dirt off. Very impressed had lots of nice comments especially people thinking it's just been cleaned!

It's impressed me and I would happily recommend it.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 21, 2016 10:50 PM BST

Aladdin HV30 Self-Bleed Automatic Radiator Valve (2 in pack)
Aladdin HV30 Self-Bleed Automatic Radiator Valve (2 in pack)
Offered by Smart Green Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gadget., 21 Mar. 2016
It looks great, rather more sleek than a normal bleed valve, but with the added benefit that you can still bleed the radiator manually thanks to what I can only describe as 'innovative design' It comes with a small 'u' shaped key, that works in the same a normal bleed valve does. You insert the key, turn it one way to unlock and water squirts out, turn it the other way to lock it.

It was extremely simple to fit, I'm not a plumber but if you can unscrew and tighten stuff, thats about all you need to know. Simple the the thermostatic valve off, turn the lock shield off (Google and/or youtube is your friend!) and then unscrew the bleed valve or the blank (makes no difference) and then screw this in.

The radiator we installed it on, used to gurgle and grumble when ever the heating kicked in, I'm not quite sure whether it was the installing of the valve that removed the trapped air, or the valve itself, but ever since it's been silent. So I'm happy to give full credit to the valve.

(Pack Of 2) Pike & Co. Microfibre Car Cleaning Wash Mitts / Gloves for Valeting Polishing Waxing
Offered by Alex Whyte

1.0 out of 5 stars Really poor, 18 Mar. 2016
Rubbish, not as photographed. These are tiny and the micro fiber bristles are sparse and spread thinly. We've had to buy different mits to replace these.

Premium double barrel foot air pump with manometer 10 BAR 140PSI HEYNER Pedalmax
Offered by alca-heyner shop

1.0 out of 5 stars doesn't work, 22 Feb. 2016
Looks like it should be awesome, but sadly mine doesn't work. I keep pumping, but the gauge just nothing, doesn't even register the initial tyre pressure. Tried to inflate Car tyres, nothing. Tried to inflate a wheel barrow wheel and nothing. Can't figure out or hear where the air is escaping from. The only conclusion is that it's not generating any air pressure at all!

Considering all the positive reviews I seem to have been sent a broken pump, because of my experience I simply can't recommend it.

Plastic Pegboard Toolboard, Parts Bins Kit & Extra Hooks - Garage Storage Wall Starter Kit
Offered by BiGDUG

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 17 Feb. 2016
I love it, however I can easily see that this won't work for everyone. The entire set is plastic. It's not high grade plastic, nor is it thick and strong. It's got quite a bit of give in it. So if you're tools are heavy this likely won't be suitable.

For example I use the orange shelf for a couple of small hammers but I wouldn't store my larger hammers or mallets in it as it just wouldn't hold the weight. There are plenty of hooks making this quite versatile. I have my spanners etc. Hung up on the other board. But because of the overall weight I wouldn't hang much more on there.

The drawers I'm disappointed with. The plastic back that they attach too is the worse quality item out of the bunch. Mine had already cracked before I'd finished screwing it in. There are only small flaps of plastic holding it all together. Some of the drawers had also warped.

The drawers also sit so closely together that you have to take them out to get things in and out of them and they're really fiddly to get back on.

No fixings are included with this. Which is harsh considering the money clearly isn't going into the quality of the plastics.

You have to compromise a lot with this. It won't store some of the heavier items you'd like to store on it. But overall it does the job well as long as you know and stick within it's limits. It's great to keep the smaller items you use often at arms length so for that and it's low price it gets 4 stars but the quality or lack of, left me wondering where the £20 had gone to. So lost a star.

Karcher Deluxe Garden Irrigation Kit
Karcher Deluxe Garden Irrigation Kit

4.0 out of 5 stars The timer is great, nozzles are useless., 16 Feb. 2016
Bought two of these last summer when it was on sale. For the price, the timer alone was the cheapest on Amazon thrown into the mix the extra kit and the sensors you can't go wrong! The Timer is excellent, you have two outputs that can be timed indecently meaning you can water different sections of the gardens at different times or for different durations such as a vegetable patch vs borders and beds. Or as I have it, one goes to the green house and one does the garden. The screen can be removed from the body of the timer. I'm guessing to set it easily which is a nice feature but the timer is useless without the screen, so once set I leave it in, rain or shine.

The rain sensors are also such a great addition and they relay the moisture levels back to the timer unit. This means you can set it to only water when the moisture levels are at a set level, meaning you don't over water, saving water and money (if on a water meter).

The pipe and connectors all seem to be good quality and I had no leaks. Over the winter I've left the entire system in the garden unprotected as its too much hassle having to take it all up and put it away. The only items I have put away are the electrical items, including removal of batteries (which are not included) time will tell if it all works again this summer.

The reason for the four stars is because the actual spray nozzles are hit and miss. Some of them work, some of them don't and some didn't even have the whole cut out in the spike (poor quality control!) so they were duds from the start. Also I found that the nozzles were intermittent and not reliable, some days they would deliver hardly anything and just dribble and the next they were at full force again spraying as expected. Sometimes unplugging and replugging them would work but let's be honest who's going to that on a daily basis? This system is supposed to make watering reliable and hassle free!

On the plus side the pipe is a standard size so you can buy any leading connectors for micro irrigation to screw in to it. (Turning it into a delivery pipe rather than a feed pipe). These are also cheaper and more reliable than the Karcher branded nozzles.

The RHS do there own range of nozzles. Which is what I'll be buying this summer.

Had the timer, sensors and price (just £46!) not been amazing for a kit that at the time of writing this is now going for £99, it would get 2 stars, because the nozzles are a key component to the system and they just aren't reliable. They're also very expensive to buy more of. I had to buy another 4 packs (from various sellers) as well as extra pipe and in all four there were duds where the metal spike that the water feeds through had yet to have the hole cut out. Really poor show from Karcher.

CLARKE SHELVING BOLTLESS 150Kg 5 SHELF BLK 800x300x1500
CLARKE SHELVING BOLTLESS 150Kg 5 SHELF BLK 800x300x1500
Offered by e sell it

3.0 out of 5 stars Great but expensive, 31 Jan. 2016
Bought three of these. Great shelving unit, perfect depth for the garage and for the type of storage I needed. It's very versatile. Out of the three I bought, I've made two waist level shelves and two tall shelving units, which has created lots of storage. Very easy to put together - little tip, bang with your hand first on each side so that it grips, then hammer. It goes so much quicker and is easier to align.

Only gets three stars as its identical in material and strength to the blue racking, sold under a different brand, which is well under half the price of this! So would have bought that instead had I known at the time and would have just spray painted them black.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9