Profile for DNY > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
AA Car Essentials Fully Magnetic P Plates
AA Car Essentials Fully Magnetic P Plates
Offered by Goods 24/7

5.0 out of 5 stars but it was great for a few weeks and lets be honest thats ..., 2 May 2015
Cheap and cheerful, the one on the front of the car flew off, never to be seen again, but it was great for a few weeks and lets be honest thats as long as you need it for, so I won't deduct any stars.

Scotts Lawn Builder 400 sq m Lawn Food Bag
Scotts Lawn Builder 400 sq m Lawn Food Bag

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product that works as expected, if not better., 2 May 2015
Fantastic stuff. This is the first time we've used anything like this before as the grass was looking pretty sorry for itself. The grass is now a deep lush green. Unfortunately, I found applying it a bit of a hassle though, which is entirely my fault. Twice I knocked over the spreader, meaning a mound of the stuff was placed on the grass in certain areas. I tried to pick it up or brush it over a larger area, but unfortunately In these areas, the grass died, so spread carefully, probably better to under treat than over.

The grass grows steadily as well, which means you won't be out there cutting it daily (unless thats your thing) it seems to just ensure the grass is lovely, thick, green and healthy without encouraging it to grow at a faster rate, which is perfect.

I would happily recommend the product and already plan to buy some more to do the bits I missed/killed once re-seeded. I think I'll put less in the spreader this time, so that if I do knock it over (which is likely), less with be wasted.

Triton Collection II 9.5kW Electric Shower - White Gloss
Triton Collection II 9.5kW Electric Shower - White Gloss

4.0 out of 5 stars Like all electric showers, 19 April 2015
Like all electric showers, this suffers from 'adequate' water pressure. Our mains pressure is extremely high and when set to cold it's like a power shower. However because of the way it restricts the flow of water so that it's around the heating element /tank for longer, thus the water is hotter, it does result in reduced pressure, when increasing the temperature. That said it does offer better performance than the shower it replaced (was also 9.5kw).

We've found the 'ECO' setting pretty pointless as it just seems to reduce the temperature, meaning you have to turn it up even higher and the water flow rate drops even more.

We've also found that the power light (a red LED) is constantly on, we have our isolation valve in the loft, so its impractical to turn it on and off overtime we want to use it/ finished with it. It's a minor thing but it just seems so pointless and wasteful.

Also said and done, this was an easy to fit and great looking shower, the water flow is 'adequate' nothing exceptional but thats what a power shower offers, so if thats what you want, don't get an electric one. It's easy to clean, the shower head is a lovely light and curvy shape t hold and have plenty of useful settings. We're really happy with ours and would be happy to recommend it to others. If the flow rate were better and it should be considering the technology available now, this would be a great looking 5 star worthy electric shower.

Spear & Jackson 3/4-inch 2-Way Brass Tap Connector
Spear & Jackson 3/4-inch 2-Way Brass Tap Connector

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great quality tap accessory, 19 April 2015
This is a great quality tap accessory. It's sturdy and the valves are smooth and easy to turn on and off. I highly recommend switching all garden hose accessories to brass. I used to use hozelock / plastic connectors and was constantly standing in water that leaked from all of them. I have now switched to all brass and have no leaks any where. We have this setup so that one permanently connected hose is connected to the greenhouse watering system, and the other is left spare for watering the garden or connecting other watering accessories too.

I would have preferred that the male connectors were unscrew able rather than part of the fixture but this was personal preference and it still warrants a full 5 stars.

Vax U91-MA-P Air Pet Multicyclonic Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Vax U91-MA-P Air Pet Multicyclonic Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner
Offered by Save071713

2.0 out of 5 stars Get yourself a henry instead., 19 April 2015
It's a great vacuum, we've had it for about 4 years now. It's extremely powerful and the suction has been great from first purchase until now. However, we recently moved and were decorating the property, we tried to use this to pick up fits of saw dust, plaster, sand etc, that was on the floor - the bits were no larger than crumbs and general dust/dirt that you would normally find around a house... However, after just one room it broke. We bought new filters, washed the cyclone bit out, checked all the pipes, event unscrewed it all to check the motor. It now has zero suction and just makes a lot of noise. Our builder lent us his Henry Hoover and the suction, wasn't as strong but it picked up everything the vax did and more, including large clumps of small rocks, wood chipping, broken tiles etc. Long story short, we now own a Henry Hoover... and love it.

The vax is great, and providing you're only vacuuming tiny, tiny, tiny bits every so often then its fine but the technology inside of it is designed to look fancy more than it is function and to encourage you to purchase it, the henry Hoover is designed to be a vacuum...period. It works seamlessly.

Buy your self a Henry and avoid Vax.

BAZAAR BAG ® - Giant Beanbag BLACK - Indoor & Outdoor Bean Bag - MASSIVE 180x140cm - GREAT for Garden
Offered by Comfort Co

1.0 out of 5 stars Had this now for over 2 years. We're starting ..., 19 April 2015
Had this now for over 2 years. We're starting to find it extremely uncomfortable. It really should have come with more 'beans' inside as you try and sit on it and the back collapses because the beans are free to move around inside, meaning it doesn't support you and half way through a film, you end up staring at the ceiling as the bag is flat against the floor. We tried all sorts, folding and then sitting on corners etc, to see if there was some sort of 'nack' to it, but there isn't.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 6, 2015 3:34 PM BST

BOGOF 15" Large Easy Fill Hanging Basket (= 2 baskets)
BOGOF 15" Large Easy Fill Hanging Basket (= 2 baskets)
Offered by Trendi

5.0 out of 5 stars Great baskets and easy to fill., 19 April 2015
I'm genuinely impressed with these, I can't comment on longevity as they've only been outside for a few weeks now, so not sure how long the plastic will last, but from the look and feel, they should last.

They're extremely easy to fill, I placed a black bin bag inside first as I suspect that their being so many holes, the soil will dry out extremely quickly. I also mixed in some water retaining crystals in the soil. Whats really nice about these is that the holes are nicely spaced out and (one row is) low enough to the bottom so that once grown, the flowers will 'hide' the basket.

These include the chains which means you can use them as soon as they arrive.

Rottner 5329 20-Keytronic
Rottner 5329 20-Keytronic

3.0 out of 5 stars It's Okay..., 8 April 2015
"It's okay" kind of sums it up perfectly. Its not the best made safe in the world, its not the strongest, it's not the nicest looking, it's not made from the best materials. With all this in mind, it's not going to earn it self 5 stars, but it actually does the job it's designed for, well.

We keep our spare keys in here, so its not like we're storing hugely valuable and important keys in it. Our car keys are too large to store in this, because the battery and electronic compartment that controls the key pad is the size of a small family car, which is annoying, because you're left to store keys at the bottom of the safe rather than on the hooks. Which again is why it won't earn 5 stars, admittedly this would probably earn less, but we don't have many keys, so just 'dumping' them at the bottom of the safe over night, actually works out ok for us. Do keep this in mind though, if you intend to get this safe, be sure to keep keys in bunches of around 3 and any large key /fobs, such as those for a car will need to be kept at the bottom of the safe. We have 4 car fobs/keys kept here and thats about all it fits, the rest are bunches of no more than 3 keys. spread across the 3 rows of hooks.

Fitting the safe was a bit annoying as well, I'm lazy so I used an electric screwdriver, but the two screws on the right hand side, are directly behind the hinges for the door, so my screwdriver wouldn't fit, couldn't even get a manual one to fit, had to use the driver 'screw bit' plus a molegrip to tighten them up. The screws also stop a row of hooks from sitting at the top of the safe, which all points to bad design.

It's a thick metal box to safely store a handful of keys in, from opportunistic thieves, for this it's fine; if you're expecting more, look elsewhere and expect to pay more.

Bosch AHS 50-16 Electric Hedgecutter (50 cm Blade, 16 mm Tooth Capacity)
Bosch AHS 50-16 Electric Hedgecutter (50 cm Blade, 16 mm Tooth Capacity)

5.0 out of 5 stars Tamed garden, 8 April 2015
This is a great time saving tool for any one with hedges and bushes. It cuts through ours like butter. When you do hit a thicker branch that its not too keen to cut in one go, I tend to just keep going at it in waves and it eventually cuts it. I'm actually very impressed at how strong this is for the price we paid for it. We tried the battery version of this and it ran out far too quickly for what was needed. I'd rather be sitting in my garden, rather than waiting around for batteries to charge and having to do it by hand whilst I wait. With this you don't need to worry about charging times, just make sure you've got an extension lead (the attached lead is not very long) and you're all set! The benefit, is that if it does struggle it has all the power it needs on tap, to tackle any hurdles.

The blade includes a fiddly cover that I guess protects it or rather you from it. I'll be honest, I'm probably going to throw it away, its a bit of a hassle trying to put it back on and mine will be staying in the shed when not in use and there a far sharper objects in there than this, so it's a bit silly in my view. The blade it self is a perfect length, just long enough to be able to cut horizontally and vertically in just a few strides. For me, theres no need for a step ladder or squeezing myself onto the other side of the hedge, as this is the perfect length.

I have found that holding it up after a while, it does tend to feel quite heavy but I would think most things would, if you held it above shoulder height for long. For under £40 this is a true bargain and I would not hesitate to recommend it to friends and family (although, they'll likely just borrow mine now). Even at the full RRP this is still a good purchase.

Seagate 1TB 3.5 inch 7200RPM 64MB Cache SATA3 Hard Drive
Seagate 1TB 3.5 inch 7200RPM 64MB Cache SATA3 Hard Drive
Offered by InvisibleMedia

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it., 30 Mar. 2015
I bought 4 of these in 2013, all failed within a few weeks of each other just under a month ago. They were used in a server that was was running for about 12 hours every day, so they didn't have an easy life nor was it overly taxing. The server was setup in a raid configuration so 2 would mirror the other 2, to have all 4 fail meant I lost all of my data. Luckily it was still on the computers.

I bought WD red hard drives to replace them and they're far better.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7