Profile for Danny > Reviews

Content by Danny

Danny (London)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Method Daily Granite and Marble Spray 354 ml (Pack of 6)
Method Daily Granite and Marble Spray 354 ml (Pack of 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product., 23 Jan. 2015
Works great, leaves the granite extremely shiney, almost glass/mirror like. If over spraying, residue can be left behind giving a smeary finish, but this is more human error than product fault. Once you get the hang of it, and suss how much to spray, it works a treat.

Also use a granite e-cloth.

400ml Frosted Glass
400ml Frosted Glass

5.0 out of 5 stars Privacy in a can, 2 Oct. 2014
This review is from: 400ml Frosted Glass (DIY & Tools)
Very easy to use and it does the job. We are doing up our home and we didn't want Joe Bloggs peeping through the windows to see the property wasn't being lived in, so we sprayed it with this. Admittedly, I wasn't looking for perfection and so applied it without care. The end result was actually very good, a fairly even spread of 'frost' effect across the window.

At first it was disappointing, but once it dried we were extremely impressed. It also scratches/washes off very easy which is great for us, not sure thats a great thing if you wanted it as a longer term feature.

Thermos Thermocafe Desk Mug - 450 ml, Blue
Thermos Thermocafe Desk Mug - 450 ml, Blue

3.0 out of 5 stars Fancy mug but nothing more, 2 Oct. 2014
Not sure who's more of a mug, the mug itself or me for buying it (I actually bought two*, so that answers that one)! It holds liquid, but thats about all it does. The lid is not water tight and therefor is not air tight, the lid is also made from fairly thin plastic which means all of this adds up to poor/ no insulation. The end result being that it keeps your coffee hot, no longer than a standard open top mug and prevents spillage's no more than a standard mug either as the lid leaks like a sieve! Tilt it ever so slightly and you'll be soaking up spilt coffee with your tie for hours, better yet, use a colleagues tie - If he's still attached, best to ask permission first!

Beside it mostly failing to perform its chief purpose, It does look nice and providing you don't buy it thinking it will keep your drink lovely and hot for the hour advertised, or will prevent pouring the contents inside your cars cup holder(s) on a roundabout, then it is indeed a lovely mug.

*I'd just like to point out that I don't walk around the office wielding a mug in each hand, one was for my Girlfriend. Hers is purple, so she'd probably give it 5 Stars.

Gardman Complete Feeding Station Kit with 4 Feeders
Gardman Complete Feeding Station Kit with 4 Feeders

5.0 out of 5 stars Great feeding station at a great price., 17 Sept. 2014
Looks lovely in the garden, as in it's not an eye sore but nor does it blend in; the bird feeders aren't up to much though, so expect to have to buy replacements pretty soon. But it was fairly well priced compared to similar products, so this can be forgiven and we did buy it for the stand and not the included feeders.

What we really liked, was that you could position the tray and water bowl as high or as low as you like, or don't attach them at all. Which is a nice level of flexibility. All very sturdy and made from adequately thick metal, which is great, because for the price we paid for it, we'd usually be looking at something made from poor grade plastic.

EverGreen Easy Spreader Plus
EverGreen Easy Spreader Plus

5.0 out of 5 stars Growing a lawn made easy., 17 Sept. 2014
I was put off from buying this because when you add in the cost of seeds, it can all become rather expensive quickly. However, after spending hours trying to spread grass seed manually over our large lawn and ending up with mounds of seed randomly dotted around, instead of an evenly spread layer across the entire lawn. I opted for this. Took less than 15 minutes, seed spread evenly, and now several weeks have gone by and there are no 'missed lines' in the lawn and it all looks great.

Easy to put together and can be stored away easily for future use. The one negative is that it doesn't work when pulling it backwards or turning it causes it to 'dump' a fair amount of seed. So I found my self lifting it up when I reached the edges and turning it around, so as not to waste seed.

Hozelock Multi Spray Gun Starter Set
Hozelock Multi Spray Gun Starter Set

3.0 out of 5 stars Use it to wash down your disappointment., 17 Sept. 2014
Its not the best, but it works. I bought this about 3 weeks ago, so its not seen a single drop of rain let alone a frost. Yet it already leaks and the connectors already pop off each other occasionally. I've not taken it for walks or cooked it a four course meal but I have looked after it in my three weeks of ownership so I am surprised and rather disappointed that it already leaks...

It also seems to retain a lot of water in a void in the nozzle head, not sure how long it will last because of this, but have replaced the plastic connectors it came with, with cheaper (unbranded) brass fittings and these are far better, no leaks or separation, but the gun it self still leaks.

Annoyingly, it does feel sturdy and well built (clearly isn't though) and the various different watering settings are very handy. I'll still use it, until the leak turns into a torrent that erodes away my hand whilst watering. Then I'll buy a brass alternative. I have a hozelock hose, which is great, but their connectors and other bits are pretty poor.

Empathy RHS 1Kg Supreme Lawn Seed with Rootgrow - Green
Empathy RHS 1Kg Supreme Lawn Seed with Rootgrow - Green
Offered by Pantiles Nurseries Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely lawn, 17 Sept. 2014
Bought and planted this about 6 weeks ago. The grass grew quickly and it's green, so how could I not give it 5 stars? We used this to grow a new lawn, we used several packets to create a lovely thick lawn (its also a large garden). Whilst not all of it has grown and by this point its likely whats left will now not grow, about 90% of it did and the grass looks lovely. I suspect that what didn't grow was more down to my poor efforts at watering it (or lack thereof).

Will be buying more of this to fill in the areas that haven't quite grown as thick as else where. I'd highly recommend getting a seed spreader as well, they're not overly expensive but make spreading the grass seed across the entire garden a 20 minute job, rather than an hour manually spreading (at first I stupidly tried this and wasted a lot of the seeds).

Gardman 20kg Seed Mix
Gardman 20kg Seed Mix
Offered by The Wild Bird Food Company

3.0 out of 5 stars Wheat a minute...!, 17 Sept. 2014
We bought it because it was cheap and feeding the amount of birds we get would be very expensive otherwise. However, about 40% of this is what looks like wheat/chaff, which all the birds simply reject. Leaving large mounds of discarded bird food all around the feeders/grass. Nothing seems to be interested in this, even if we don't refill the feeder, starving Birds would rather look else where than eat whats left. Extremely wasteful and therefore making this product not such a cheap and wise purchase after all.

Spend a little bit extra and get the 'no wheat' version, it'll be worth it in the end as the rest of the food gets eaten, just not the 'filler' wheat.

Hozelock 2-in-1 Compact Enclosed Hose Reel with 25 m Hose and Connectors
Hozelock 2-in-1 Compact Enclosed Hose Reel with 25 m Hose and Connectors

5.0 out of 5 stars Reel-y good purchase!, 8 Sept. 2014
When it arrived, it was missing the base bit and the clips that hold it to a wall. After (annoyingly having to be) being persistent with Amazon, they contacted Hozelock who quickly sent me the missing parts.

The hose was longer than what I needed, which is the reason I bought it. The reel is solid and the hose winds up with ease, it also comes with extra connectors and a hose. These like with all hose lock connectors are useless and leaked all over the place, so I bought some cheap Brass fittings instead, which don't leak!

Perfect setup!

Ward GN340 250L Slimline Water Butt including Tap and Lid
Ward GN340 250L Slimline Water Butt including Tap and Lid
Offered by HGP Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Does my WaterButt look big in this?, 8 Sept. 2014
Theres nothing really exciting to say about a water butt. It doesn't leak, i suppose could be seen as 'exciting'.

Easy to setup, we bought two along with the matching stands and have them connected to each other, even considering buying another, as the two fill up so quickly. The taps they come with are decent, they just screw in, these also do not leak...

Apologies for this riveting review, but it is what it is and well worth the money!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5