Profile for MH > Reviews

MH (London)

I've Got Your Number
I've Got Your Number

5.0 out of 5 stars An entertaining read, 10 Jun. 2013
I guzzled this booked down over a bank holiday – wanting to find out as soon as possible how it ended and laughing out loud in places.

Before I Met You
Before I Met You

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't recommend this enough, 10 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Before I Met You (Kindle Edition)
Every now and again a book makes me miss my bus stop on the way to work. That's this book. So poignantly sad in places and brilliantly entertaining too, it'll make you wish you'd met the characters, too.

Christmas at the Cupcake Cafe
Christmas at the Cupcake Cafe
by Jenny Colgan

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent sequel but also great standalone read, 5 Nov. 2012
As a fan of Jenny Colgan, I preordered this book and counted the days until its arrival and I was not disappointed. This book captures what baking is all about, and the delicious recipes, which I intend to make are easy to follow and contain the kind of advice that you'd get if you were baking with a friend. And that's kind of what the main character Issy feels like - if she was real, I'd certainly want to be her friend. Revisiting all the characters from Meet Me At The Cupcake Café, you get to see that happy ever afters take work, love and dedication. You get caught up in the worldwind that is life for Pearl, Austin, the awesomely cute Darny and Louis and the somehow loveable Caroline, and you get a Christmas recipe list ready and waiting for you to bake and impress all your friends and family with. I laughed and cried in equal measures in this book - quite unashamedly on the bus - and when it was finished, I felt as though I'd waved off an old friend with no idea when I'd see them again.

Now I'm on a countdown for Jenny's next book... The Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris... out 14 March *taps foot