Profile for Sigsag NSW > Reviews

Content by Sigsag NSW

Sigsag NSW (Grafton, NSW Australia)

Dad's Army - The Complete Collection [DVD] [1968]
Dad's Army - The Complete Collection [DVD] [1968]
Dvd ~ Arthur Lowe

5.0 out of 5 stars Filfuls a need, 19 Oct. 2012
We are getting pretty old now and often at bedtime we feel the need to relax with a good laugh. Remembering how we had enjoyed Dad's Army when it first hit Australia on TV I sent for the full series from Amazon.co and we have been utterly delighted at each episode. Indeed we had to stop being too prodigal lest we finish too soon. The characters are pure delight. We feel sorry for Pike who bears the burden of any mud or water or anything untoward that happens when he helps out. We love Jones whose stories of the Boer War are so absolutely inappropriate, while the covert antagonism between Sergeant and Captain is skilfully engineered.
All the episodes have had us laughing and some laughing immoderately. We have only two discs to go and we shall feel bereft at the last laugh. When they paint the Sydney Harbour Bridge it is then time to begin all over again. That is what we plan to do.

The Blue Planet - Complete BBC Series [DVD]
The Blue Planet - Complete BBC Series [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Attenborough

5.0 out of 5 stars The Blue Planet, 13 Oct. 2012
My copy of the Blue Planet arrived with the usual impeccable packaging and very promptly too. I fell upon it and ignored the washing up to view the first disc and was very pleased with my purchase. There is no doubt that every aspect of ocean life is covered in this marvellous series including wonderful photography of the weird animals that inhabit the depths and that we can only see because of modern advances in photographic methods. Disc three ends with a timely warning about the intolerable strain we humans are putting on the blue planet as we have upon the earth. David Attenborough is incapable of producing a poor documentary and ths rates with the very best.

The Beautiful Voice
The Beautiful Voice

1.0 out of 5 stars The Beautiful Voice, 13 Oct. 2012
This review is from: The Beautiful Voice (Audio CD)
When I first became aware of Renee Fleming I was watching an excellent performance of The Marriage of Figaro on TV. And I really admired her. So I sent for two DVDs -The Art of RF and The Beautiful Voice. Oh dear was I disappointed! Blame my hearing, but I felt that all the arias and songs were sung at high pitch, giving them no individuality. There was not one that I wanted to have on my iPod for future listening. Yvonne Kenny, Kiri Te Kanawa can still sound sweet, defying age. What has happened to Renee?
Dear Amazon .co I am sorry, but I did not like them"