Profile for Ms. R. A. Herbert > Reviews

Content by Ms. R. A. Herbert

Ms. R. A. Herbert (england)

Mama [DVD]
Mama [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jessica Chastain
Offered by Bridge_Records

5.0 out of 5 stars Well acted horror and very scary, 9 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Mama [DVD] (DVD)
I was pleasantly surprised at the quality and entertainment of this horror movie. The visual effects were excellent and the fear factor was very high. The acting of the children was superb and they were very well cast. I really was totally involved in the plot and would recommend this as a good horror to anybody. I have been a follower of this directors work for a long time but recently have found that his name gets put on a lot of films just to make a sale this however does him proud. As good if not better than the orphanage. Not as good as pans labyrinth which he is famous for and is is an absolute classic. On the whole mama was a great surprise and a thoroughly enjoyable movie.

Insidious/Insidious - Chapter 2 [DVD]
Insidious/Insidious - Chapter 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Patrick Wilson

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, 9 Jan. 2014
Rubbish horror badly made Awful Awful!! The acting was very bad and the visual effects were laughable. I was very disappointed as I had watched the conjuring which I found to be excellent. I was a bit scared in the beginning of the film that as soon as I realised the acting was below par I gave up Believing in the film and it's quality. I really do not understand how people can enjoy this type of film I believe that you would have to you have a very low IQ To find this entertaining.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 9, 2014 7:10 AM GMT

Insidious 2 [DVD]
Insidious 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Patrick Wilson

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad horror, 9 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Insidious 2 [DVD] (DVD)
Was very disappointed was expecting great things! Purchased the double disc version which includes 1 and 2. Poorly acted and awful effects. I found it laughable!

The Conjuring [DVD] [2013]
The Conjuring [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Vera Farmiga

5.0 out of 5 stars Great horror, 9 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Conjuring [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
Would recommend to e everyone - very well done screenplay by the twins that did Amitval Horror. Great quality and much better than Insidous. Really scared me! Can't often say that.

Living Kitzbühel Girls T-Modell Reh & blume Slippers Green Grün (oasis 440) Size: 11

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely slippers and great quality, 9 Jan. 2014
Arrived super fast and very pleased with the slippers. Very unique and my niece loves them. They were quite pricey for children's slippers but great quality so worth the cost.

Case Histories - Series 1 [DVD]
Case Histories - Series 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jason Isaacs

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliantly acted and easy watching., 29 Dec. 2013
I have read all of Kate's books and was expecting to be disappointed with series. However, I found it charming and I now adore Jason Isaacs.

Boat Trip [DVD] [2002]
Boat Trip [DVD] [2002]
Dvd ~ Cuba Gooding Jr.
Offered by 247dvd

4.0 out of 5 stars Very funny and had me crying with laughter! Would recommend watching., 31 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Boat Trip [DVD] [2002] (DVD)
I watched this film on holiday in Cuba(bit ironic). This hit my sense of humour and I found myself crying with laughter. One of the funniest films I have ever seen! I would recommend it to most people.

A Thousand Splendid Suns
A Thousand Splendid Suns
by Khaled Hosseini

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY MOVING AND ADDICTIVE, 19 Dec. 2008
I read the Kite Runner and my friend bought this book for me. I read it in 3 days as I couldnt put it down, reading well into the early hours of the morning. It is probably the most moving book i have read about the struggle of women in Afghanistan and very educational. Highly memorable it stayed with me for a long time and everything I read afterwards felt bland. My mum read it and couldnt stop crying so its not for the fainthearted.