Profile for Munkey Pants > Reviews

Zootropolis [DVD] [2016]
Zootropolis [DVD] [2016]
Dvd ~ Byron Howard

5.0 out of 5 stars One of Disney's best!, 29 Mar. 2016
This review is from: Zootropolis [DVD] [2016] (DVD)
Fantastic! I really didn't know much about the story and tried to avoid all the trailers, so wasn't sure what to expect. It was so good! And really funny, I laughed quite a few times at various moments throughout the film. I've found with a few Disney movies that I've pretty much predicted the ending (Big Hero 6) BUT not with this one. Can't wait for this to be released so I can watch it again :)

I Don't Like Koala
I Don't Like Koala
by Sean Ferrell

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have!, 15 Oct. 2015
This review is from: I Don't Like Koala (Hardcover)
This book is fantastic! There are a lot of spreads with lots of blank space which works amazingly well. The expressions on the little boy are SO good - I actually laughed out loud at some of the pages. I loved the ending too.

The Book of Life [DVD]
The Book of Life [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jorge R. Gutierrez

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 15 Oct. 2015
This review is from: The Book of Life [DVD] (DVD)
Much better than I expected. Quite quirky character designs but they work well with the story.

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone: Illustrated Edition (Harry Potter Illustrated Editi)
by J.K. Rowling

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning!, 15 Oct. 2015
The illustrated version is stunning! Has made me fall in love with the Harry Potter books all over again. Amazing.

Gil Elvgren, Pin-Ups (Taschen Postcard Sets)
Gil Elvgren, Pin-Ups (Taschen Postcard Sets)
by Taschen
Edition: Card Book

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely ladies!, 17 Nov. 2014
Finally received these after the release date kept changing! They're lovely and quite nice quality - I wanted them to hang up around my home. So my only gripe is some of them have a lot of white border around them so even though they're postcard size not all the images are. I was also hoping for more sailor/nautical themed ones but that's just my preference.

Most are by Gil Elvgren (which is great) and there are a few by Peter Driben. I'd say there's like 8 or 9 different artists included but some only have 1 postcard image etc. Some better than others. Still it's a lovely set and there are only a few I'm not keen on.

Mabel and Me - Best of Friends (Mabel & Me)
Mabel and Me - Best of Friends (Mabel & Me)
by Mark Sperring

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely!, 23 Jun. 2014
This book is so lovely and sweet in so many ways. Sarah's illustrations are fantastic (as always) and she just has this ability to show so much emotion, humour, and movement in such simple spreads. I absolutely love 'Me' and wish that I had a best friend just like that!

These two are a fab duo and I hope to see more books from them. (Check out Max and the won't go to bed show too!)

Beetle Boy
Beetle Boy
by Laurence David

3.0 out of 5 stars Bizzare!, 23 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Beetle Boy (Paperback)
The story is a long one which was unexpected. And although it's a fun story, why he's turned into a beetle is never explained! The illustrations are lovely and bizarre all at the the same time! Delphine Durand's work is perfect for a book like this.

Max and the Won't Go to Bed Show
Max and the Won't Go to Bed Show
by Mark Sperring

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!, 15 Jun. 2014
I'm a HUGE fan of Sarah Warburton's work so couldn't wait to get my hands on a copy of this. It does not disappoint, the spreads are simply gorgeous and Max's character shines through. I LOVE the dog! The story is a simple one but so nicely put.

Looking at the cover for the Hardback version, I wish I'd waited but there's no way I'd have waited that long!

I don't even have kids so this was bought for myself. A must have for any picture book lover. I cannot recommend it highly enough!

The Dunderheads
The Dunderheads
by Paul Fleischman

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 15 Jun. 2014
This review is from: The Dunderheads (Paperback)
This is a fab book. David Roberts' illustrations are fantastic - you can see why he's so popular.

It's quite long for a picture book (54 pages) and almost feels a cross between a picture book and a comic. But this works really well with the story.

I bought the slightly cheaper version on here which when arrived I thought was a little on the small side. But after reading it, I preferred it that way. I also bought the sequel 'Dunderheads behind bars' which is also great but not as great. Go on and click buy!

That Dog!
That Dog!
by Gillian Shields

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 27 May 2014
This review is from: That Dog! (Paperback)
A fantastic little story about an ignored dog and a horrible family. The illustrations are amazing. It's a must buy!

Page: 1 | 2