Profile for Ben Parker > Reviews

Ben Parker

Canon EOS 5D Mark III with Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM AF Lens
Canon EOS 5D Mark III with Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM AF Lens

5.0 out of 5 stars Like a good wine...., 28 Oct. 2013
I have owned 70 cameras. I have been on a mission to buy the latest new camera, from Sony, Fuji, Canon and Nikon for 15 years. This has me changing my camera around every 3-4 months. This has been expensive. I have owned many cameras, but the full frames are of course the ones that stand out of the ocean of blur. This camera I have owned twice now. Sold it for a Sony a99 with a Zeiss Lens. Weighed a tonne but put out nice shots, but there was something missing in the images. The answer, I have pondered on for some time before spending another £2300+ pounds on this camera again. The answer is they contain life. The a99 took a precision image that clinically and under testing and analysis would prove a perfect camera, but they lacked the 'real' in the images, that only the 5d MkIII has given me in 15 years of image taking. Very humbling to discover this in pictures after all this time and 100,000 images later... god knows how much money, my wife will never know.... This camera is where my story ends. It doesn't have phase detection for video, I realise now, I don't need it. A little wobble whilst filming to get a new lock is totally liveable and again adds 'life' to the shoot. I've finally realised the perfect wine is not about the grape, the vineyard or the year, its just about how it tastes to you, the drinker.... and this one tastes like home !!
Thanks, Ben