Profile for I. Small > Reviews

Content by I. Small

I. Small "Smally" (London)

Page: 1 | 2
No Leaflets or Junk Mail please door letter box Vinyl sticker For Shop Office Home Cafe Hotels FREE P&P
Offered by Level 33 Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Hopeless, 21 May 2016
Thank God this is such a cheap product. Hopeless waste of money. Wouldn't stick to my stainless steel letterbox door (as shown in the pictures). It's already in the bin. Don't waste your time. Get a dog to scare off leafleters instead.

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointment, 26 Dec. 2015
Seemed to work ok for a couple of months. Sensitive, so much so that they responded to pretty much everything. Then, they stopped working altogether. Hopeless waste of money. Avoid this product.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 29, 2015 2:46 AM GMT

Panasonic SC-HC30DBEBS DAB Micro System with iPod Dock
Panasonic SC-HC30DBEBS DAB Micro System with iPod Dock

2.0 out of 5 stars Form over function, 5 May 2010
I bought one of these last weekend, but took it back to the shop for a refund within 30 minutes. I liked the combined CD and iPod sliding door feature, and the over all design. I was looking for a DAB radio combined with CD and dock for using in the kitchen in our second home in Suffolk. Radio signals are not great on the coast but this unit failed to get any DAB signal OR a usable FM signal. The cable aerial is completely useless. Our Sony and Roberts DAB radios work fine there, as they both have telescopic aerials. It's a real shame. I think this product would only work if it were plugged in to a roof aerial or satellite dish. If you live in a major city, you might be OK. If you have ANY doubts about digital or FM reception, don't touch this product.

Sony XDRS55DABB Light & Compact DAB Portable Radio
Sony XDRS55DABB Light & Compact DAB Portable Radio

3.0 out of 5 stars Plug it into the mains!!, 14 Nov. 2009
This radio is great in most ways. Speaker quality is fine, it's compact and the screen is clear. The only worry is the battery life. It seems to burn through Duracells in record time- I'm replacing them all the time. My advice would be to use it on mains power.

Negotiating Skills for Virgins
Negotiating Skills for Virgins
by Bob Etherington

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 12 Jun. 2009
I've read two other books in the series and I've found all of them really useful. This negotiating book covers aspects of dealing with post-sales negotiation and the preparation you need to have in place to get the best possible result from the process. It's written in a light-hearted and easy style and I've been able to take some good basic points to form a workshop with my sales managers. I've also bought a copy of this one for each of them which I'm sure they'll find useful in today's market of perpetual haggling over price (and value). This book would anyone on either side of the negotiating table (client or salesperson) and I'm planning to put some of the guidance into action with some of our European clients next week! Buy it, read it, use it.

Azincourt
Azincourt
by Bernard Cornwell
Edition: Audio CD

4.0 out of 5 stars Page turner, 1 Dec. 2008
This review is from: Azincourt (Audio CD)
I studied this period (and this battle in particular) during my history degree in the early 90's and decided that I would delve back in time to remind myself what this was all about. Azincourt was my companion on a return flight to Bahrain recently and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Historically interesting, full of action and detail it really had me turning pages through both flights! When I landed at Gatwick I was disappointed to have to find another book to read. I would recommend this book to anyone who has a passing interest in medieval history, but it's easily accessible to absolutely anyone who enjoys as good action adventure.

Medal of Honor: Airborne (PS3)
Medal of Honor: Airborne (PS3)

3.0 out of 5 stars Should be amazing, but isn't!, 31 Jan. 2008
I'd just finished Call of Duty 4 and was waiting for MoH to be delivered expecting it to be even better. Sadly, it just seemed like more of the same old MoH format with slightly better graphics. Maybe I was being unrealistic expecting the makers of the game to revolutionize a successful format, but some of the levels were virtually identical to scenes from older games (ANOTHER attack on a bridge somewhere in Holland). I did enjoy certain elements of the game, but over all I was left disappointed. The AI was just bizarre at times (enemy failing to die when you've clearly hit them in the head twice!) The final attack on the tower is cool, but as far as I can make out the only relevance of "Airborne" is the novelty of dropping into the game wherever you want. The novelty soon wears off, and you're left feeling that you've seen it all before. CoD4 broke new ground, and if I had £40 to spend today I'd be buying CoD4 and not MoH.

Royal Flash (Flashman Papers)
Royal Flash (Flashman Papers)
by George MacDonald Fraser
Edition: Audio CD

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not great......, 30 Mar. 2006
I've read all of the books in the Flashman series, and I've really enjoyed Rupert Penry-Jones' two narrations so far. This particular storyline is the weakest of the bunch in my view, with few of the characters really coming to life. Otto and the other "baddies" seem more like Bond villains than anything else. I'm looking forward to the next installment on Audio CD - they certainly make trans-Atlantic flights more enjoyable!

Thursbitch
Thursbitch
by Alan Garner

1.0 out of 5 stars Obtuse and frustrating, 4 May 2005
This review is from: Thursbitch (Paperback)
I was given this book as a Christmas gift and started it recently. Mercifully, it's a short piece of work. Perhaps I'm missing the point of it all, but I find the themes difficult to follow and my train journey in the morning is not improved by fighting my way through line after line of irritating dialogue in an ancient northern dialect! This is just not my cup of tea I'm afraid.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 5, 2017 11:45 PM GMT

Cinema Paradiso [1989] [DVD]
Cinema Paradiso [1989] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Philippe Noiret

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite film of all time, 23 Dec. 2002
This review is from: Cinema Paradiso [1989] [DVD] (DVD)
I first watched this film when it won the Palm D'Or in 1990 and I have to admit that there have been few films that capture human experiences better than Cinema Paradiso. The director's cut does explain some loose ends in the original version although I would say that the end result is probably over-long and could have benefitted from some more work in the editing suite.
Acting performances are first class, particularly Philip Noiret, and the sound track is particularly memorable. If you want a film to transport you to another place and leave you feeling better about the world, watch Cinema Paradiso.

Page: 1 | 2