Profile for K. Winter > Reviews

KitchenAid KSB5553BER Blender with Culinary Jar, Red
KitchenAid KSB5553BER Blender with Culinary Jar, Red
Offered by MV TRADE

2.0 out of 5 stars Did not stand the test of time, 16 Feb. 2013
After very light use over 2 years (I mean very light) my Kitchenaid Blender has started to smell of burning when we made smoothies. Plus there must be a crack in the glass jug somewhere as the liquid leaks out of the bottom. Not impressed at all.

KitchenAid Artisan 5KTT780BER 2 Slice Toaster Red
KitchenAid Artisan 5KTT780BER 2 Slice Toaster Red

2.0 out of 5 stars Expensive and Broken!, 14 Jun. 2011
A very expensive item that stopped working a week after the warranty expired (only a year old). We didn't even use it that often so feel very disappointed. Wish we'd bought a £30 toaster now!

Gibsons My World Nursery Rhymes Jigsaw Puzzle
Gibsons My World Nursery Rhymes Jigsaw Puzzle

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended!, 3 Sept. 2010
This is a great jigsaw. It is simple enough for my nearly 2 year old to play with as it has a 4 and 6 piece jigsaw and my 3 year old enjoys the 8 and 12 piece jigsaws so they play alongside. The pictures are of nursery rhymes and each puzzle is colour coded on the back so you can easily separate them. The box has a posting slot to make tidying up afterwards fun. Also, it is made in Britain and is made with 100% recycled material. Highly recommend!

Gorilla
Gorilla
by Anthony Browne

2.0 out of 5 stars Just Nice Pictures, 8 Sept. 2009
This review is from: Gorilla (Paperback)
Yes the pictures are stunning but this story left me feeling cold and uncomfortable. Basically it is a story about neglect and a child trying to escape her misery through her dreams. At least I think that is what it is supposed to mean - not really sure. My daughter is not a fan either.

When...
When...
by Emma Dodd

5.0 out of 5 stars A Beautiful Book! Buy Buy Buy!, 30 July 2009
This review is from: When... (Hardcover)
I love this book and 'Sometimes' by the same author and cannot understand why they aren't more popular. The text is gentle, loving, poetic and the illustrations are striking and memorable. My daughter loved this book from about 8 months and still loves it now (2 and a half) - I use it to soothe her to sleep when she is struggling because I know it off by heart now and she truly finds it comforting! A lovely book - buy it please! It should be a bestseller!

Harry The Dirty Dog (Red Fox Picture Books)
Harry The Dirty Dog (Red Fox Picture Books)
by Gene Zion

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving Harry!, 30 July 2009
I loved this book as a child and now my two daughters are loving too! I first started reading it to my eldest daughter when she was just one. She is now 2 and a half and still enjoys it as much - so don't be guided too much by the age 4-7 grouping. The illustrations are charming and the text makes a great storyteller out of all!
Highly recommended!

Little Fish
Little Fish
by Guido Van Genechten
Edition: Board book

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended!, 23 Nov. 2007
This review is from: Little Fish (Board book)
The bright colours and simple, repetitive wording of this book make it ideal for toddlers and even very young babies - my 8 month old took to this book straight away and squeals with delight when she sees it! There is something a bit special and unusual about this one!