Profile for Loves Reading > Reviews

Content by Loves Reading

Loves Reading
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Hanlesi Strap for Fitbit Charge 2 , Silica gel Soft Silicone Adjustable Fashion Replacement Sport Strap Band for Fitbit Charge 2 Smartwatch Heart Rate Fitness Wristband
Offered by hanlesi

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks Good and Comfortable, 5 Feb. 2017
Bought the blue one and it arrived today. Really like the look of it and it is more comfortable than the strap that came with my Charge 2. The material is softer and the fastening more comfortable than the buckle on the original strap. So pleased with it I have ordered one in another colour.

Fitbit Flex 2 Accessory Replacement Wristband, iFeeker Classic Soft Silicone Metal Clasp Watch Buckle Design Wrist Strap Watch Band Holder Case Pouch for 2016 Fitbit Flex 2 Fitness Activity Tracker (Small or Large Size Available)
Offered by iFeeker

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality and Fits Well, 7 Dec. 2016
I ordered the pink band and although it is a nice colour, I'm not sure I'd call it pink-- more lilac. The small is the same length as the original Fitbit Flex 2 small strap and fits well. It is made of slightly softer and thiner material than the original Fitbit strap but after a day of wearing it, I find it stays on and feels comfortable. I am happy with my purchase and would recommend it on fit and quality. My only gripe is the length of time it took to arrive. I was given a date range and it arrived on the last day of that range, so within the limits they gave, but it took a month. In this day and age a month is just too long to wait for something. There wasn't even an option to pay more for faster delivery.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 7 Dec. 2016
Very pleased with this product. I have recently read that we in the Northern hemisphere all need to supplement with Vit D as we don't get enough sun to produce it ourselves. This is a high dose in a really dinky little capsule that is easy to swallow. Would recommend. Only problem is I wanted to buy some for my son and I now see it's not available any more!

Replacement Strap Band,Clode® Soft Silicone Watch band Wrist strap For Fitbit Flex 2 Smart Watch (Purple 1)
Offered by ClodeEU

4.0 out of 5 stars Okay, 17 Nov. 2016
I bought the purple and it is a nice colour, brighter than in the image. The silicone material is slightly softer than the original fitbit 2 strap, but it seems fine. The tracker fits in perfectly and seems to stay put. My only gripe is the length. It comes in one length and it is long. I am a woman with a large wrist and have been wearing the small size that came in the fitbit box with my tracker. This strap is the length of the fitbit 2 long strap and too big for me. I have it fastened one hole off the tightest and the excess strap is flapping and annoying. I am thinking of cutting it down. A woman with a small wrist will find this strap too long.

Hell Divers (The Hell Divers Trilogy)
Hell Divers (The Hell Divers Trilogy)

5.0 out of 5 stars Mostly Great, 23 Oct. 2016
This is my first book by this author and I bought it because the blurb sounded interesting. Didn't disappoint. Original premise, good plot and interesting characters. The action is fast paced and so non-stop I had to take a break now and then to catch my breath. I listened to some of it as an audio book using whispersync and the narration was perfect for the genre. My only complaint was the end. One more line of text would have been enough to give a satisfying ending. Instead one element of the story was left hanging, I imagine to temp readers to buy the sequel. I might have forgiven this if the second in the series was on Amazon and I could have downloaded it right away and kept reading, but it doesn't come out until next July. So the ending left me rather put out. It won't stop me reading more by this author - I've just bought the first of the Extinction Cycle - but still, leaving the ending hanging like that spoiled what was otherwise a great read.

Fitbit Flex 2 Waterproof Activity & Fitness tracker - Black
Fitbit Flex 2 Waterproof Activity & Fitness tracker - Black
Offered by Matik

4.0 out of 5 stars Not As Good As I'd Hoped, 18 Oct. 2016
I have had the original Fitbit Flex for three years. There was nothing wrong with it except I thought the shape looked a bit dated and I decided it was time for an update, so I preordered the Flex 2 from Fitbit and it arrived a couple of weeks ago. The flex is a basic pedometer really and doesn't pretend to have all the bells and whistles of some of the other Fitbit devices. The flex does now have a light that flashes when the mobile phone linked to it rings or receives a text, but I have disabled this feature as I don't need it and I guessed it would drain the battery faster. I don't swim so have not tried either its ability to track swimming or its waterproof capability. After two weeks of use I am fairly happy with it. I do prefer the slimmer rounded design to the old flex model.

Strap: I wore the large size strap on my old flex as I have a large wrist for a woman. With the flex 2 I find I need the small strap. I think this is because the strap material is softer. I used to wear my old strap a little loose, but with the flex 2 strap I have found I need to wear it tight otherwise it slips around to the side. Now I am used to wearing the strap tighter, I am okay with this, but the first few days of wearing were trial and error to get it to fit right and be comfortable. On the positive side, I do find the metal clip that fits into the holes on the strap much easier to pop in than on the old strap.

Battery Life: My old flex would go five days between each charge. So far this new flex 2 seems to be managing four days, and that is purely as a pedometer. I have switched off the function that allows it to flash to indicate a phone call or text.

Battery Charger: The flex 2 charger is an improvement on the original flex charger. I used to have to wedge the fitbit into the charger with a paperclip to push it in far enough to make a connection. No such problem with the flex 2 charger.

Display: I can't comment on the flex 2's efficiency in alerting to phone calls and texts as I haven't used that function. Unfortunately for me, the fact that one of the five lights is given over to this makes the device less efficient as a pedometer. I aim for 10k steps per day. With the old flex that meant each of its five lights corresponded to 2k steps and during the first 1k of those steps the light flashed more slowly so it was easy to see where I was against my target. With the flex 2, there are only four lights given over to registering steps. So my 10k now equates to 2,500 steps per light. The light also appears to only have one frequency of flash, so it is far less easy to keep track of where I am with my step total unless I look at my phone. This for me is a big black mark against the flex 2 and loses it a star.

All in all, if you want a basic pedometer, this is still an efficient option, especially if used in close conjunction with the app on a mobile phone. I did compare its effectiveness in counting steps with my old flex and found them the same. However, so far, my experience suggests the battery life is not as good as the old flex and the display is not as useful for keeping the wearer informed of how many steps they have done.

Mirror Dance (Vorkosigan Saga Book 9)
Mirror Dance (Vorkosigan Saga Book 9)

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyed, 22 Sept. 2016
Just finished reading this book 9 in the Vorkosigan saga and bought book 10 to start. Love this series. I doubted I would enjoy this book as much as the others when I first started it as I wasn't sure I liked being in Mark's viewpoint, but we get Miles as well and this in fact turned out to be one of the best books in the series for me with the usual danger and complications times two as we follow both brothers.

Cleon Moon: Fallen Empire, Book 5
Cleon Moon: Fallen Empire, Book 5

5.0 out of 5 stars Love This Series, 31 July 2016
Love this series. The adventures of Alisa and the crew of the Star Nomad continue in fine form with lots of action, explosions, firefights and near misses. So pleased to read that there are three more books planned for this series. Can't wait for the next one.

Relic of Sorrows: Fallen Empire, Book 4
Relic of Sorrows: Fallen Empire, Book 4

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 11 July 2016
I'm loving this series. Blitzed through the first four books in a few days and can't wait for the next one to come out. Love the characters and the continual challenges they face.

OXO Good Grips Salad Dressing Shaker
OXO Good Grips Salad Dressing Shaker

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Purchase., 7 Jun. 2016
Very useful. I bought the small one to use to make French dressing for salads and it has proved invaluable. I am about to order the bigger one so I can make a larger amount of dressing at one time to store in the fridge. Made of strong material and has a good quality feel to it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20