Profile for randle > Reviews

Content by randle

randle

Page: 1 | 2
(BTM) LARGE Computer Desk with 2 Drawers and 4 Shelves for Home Office Study Workstation Furniture PC Desktop Office Chair Table FILING CABINET BLACK LARGE NEW

5.0 out of 5 stars Great desk. Sturdy and a good price, 16 April 2015
Great desk. Sturdy and a good price. An absolute nightmare to put together. Took 2 of us over 2 hours and we're both mechanically minded. Not easy. Instructions better used a toilet paper.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, 9 Feb. 2013
I used these wheels on a park board, despite being marketed as street wheels. They're good fun and fairly grippy but allow for big powerslides when you're on a decent concrete park. And as promised they have barely worn down after a fair amount of use, not that I skate that hard.

Sony MDR-ZX100 Outdoor Headband Headphones - Black
Sony MDR-ZX100 Outdoor Headband Headphones - Black
Offered by amy's Schätze

2.0 out of 5 stars Detailed review for Sony MDRZX100B, 9 Feb. 2013
As a musician, promoter, record label owner, DJ and music mastering service provider it's important for me to have a range of playback devices, stereos, headphones, earbuds, etc. I bought these headphones as a basis for the cheaper range of stuff, what the general public would have, so that I can produce things that would sound good even on the regular persons equipment. Sadly they didn't even live up to my low expectations.

They're marketed as 'fashionable'. This should have been my first warning. For the price they have an excellent 'marked' frequency response: 12hz (very very low bass) - 22Khz (very very high treble - any higher and the only thing that would care would be a dog). Unfortunately audibly they respond from 35hz - 18khz (within the body of a regular song). On individual sounds my audible test got from 22hz to 20khz, but that's on individual sounds, not in the depths of a song. They definitely do not audibly produce some of the frequencies from popular electronic songs. They wouldn't be adequate for something like drum & bass, dubstep or anything from the dance music scene.

The headphones are also uncomfortable for any extended period of use. Maybe it's because I've got ears like dumbo, but after about an hour of use my ears ached (on the outside) from the pressure applied by the speakers to my head (even after plenty of adjustment). I spoke to a friend who has these and he said the same including that they also hurt the top of his head with the unpadded plastic band.

SIMPLY: These headphones focus hugely on mid frequencies, lack treble and have a poor bass response, even for the money. They are also so poorly designed they're unwearable for any extended period of time. You're much better to place your £10 on Sony EX50 earbuds which are comfortable and have excellent audible frequency response (great for those of you that listen to bass orientated music).

Union 5 Way Skateboard Tool - Black
Union 5 Way Skateboard Tool - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Union 5 way Skate Tool, 5 May 2012
Does the trick! It's cheap, and tightens your nuts (giggity). Maybe a tad uncomfortable to hold when tightening your hardware, and even then you just need to drink a big cup of man the **** up and it's fine!

Anker® New Laptop Battery for HP Compaq Presario CQ40 CQ41 CQ45 CQ50 CQ60 CQ61 CQ70 CQ71 G50 G60 G61 G70 G71 and HP Pavilion DV4 DV5 DV6 Series - 18 Months Warranty [Li-ion 6-cell 4400mAh/48WH]

5.0 out of 5 stars Anker Laptop Battery 4400 mAh, 5 May 2012
Had to replace the battery to my laptop only a year after having it. It's rated a 4200 mAh battery however whilst searching the internet for one that would fit my laptop I found out that they don't produce them anymore unless I wanted to pay £60 for a new one... The warranty was out on the laptop so I decided to risk it with a 4400 mAh and to my surprise it's been fine! a year and a bit down the line and it's running perfectly :) Although it was a fraction (literally a millimeter) too big for my laptop and kept popping out of the clips every now and then. I had to sellotape it in to the shell, but apart from that, AWESOME!

Union Coloured Skateboard Griptape - Clear
Union Coloured Skateboard Griptape - Clear

5.0 out of 5 stars union Coloured Skateboard Grip, 5 May 2012
Cheap and effective. As long as you can watch a youtube video and have a screwdriver and stanley knife, you can grip a board. Even if you mess it up by some amazing feat, you've wasted all of £2. It's not perforated like some of the more expensive grips but that's only useful in the application process and only if you're terrible at applying grip. An expensive way to do a job lot of boards. A cheap way to do a single board! The fact that it's see through as well is something very different to the norm! Love it!

Law Express Criminal Law 2nd edition
Law Express Criminal Law 2nd edition
by Emily Finch
Edition: Perfect Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Criminal Law (law express), 5 May 2012
This book is an exam life saver! Make sure you get the latest edition so the recent Dim Resp. and Loss of cont. laws are taken in to account, and the old provocation laws are dismissed. Screw your course book that still talks about the 19th cetury Coke definition of murder, this is what you need!

Confidence Dumbbell set 20kg
Confidence Dumbbell set 20kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Confidence Dumbbell set 20kg, 5 May 2012
Great! I've only just started doing weights, and for me as a beginner they are great. I slowly worked my way up from 10kg to 17.5kg and now I can easily hit 100 reps of these, whereas to start I couldn't manage 10 @ 17.5kg.

They're sturdy and well built. Obviously you're not meant to stick all the weights on one bar, but if you do, be aware that the locks on the end may attempt to free themselves and come loose. If used as intended they're fine though! I just wanted to push it past 10kg per arm. i'm looking to get heavier discs and put them on the same bars now! The results came pretty fast for me!

Obviously eating the right foods and stuff is majorly important as any joe bloggs on the street can tell you. Don't expect these to work unless you're prepared to commit yourself to it every other day.

The English Legal System
The English Legal System
by Alisdair Gillespie

3.0 out of 5 stars The English Legal System, 5 May 2012
This book is alright. If you're just curious about the law it's handy I should imagine, but I bought it for an actual law course (LLB) at university. If you think this book will supply to you anything that the internet can't and in much more detail, then you are mistaken. Your course may even require you to buy this book. Don't. The thing is that as you go through the course, before they ask you to learn something, it'll be discussed to a certain extent which then gives you the means to search the net freely. Westlaw, Lexis Nexis and the government's website will become your new best friends and this book will be sat in the corner crying for it's £30s worth of attention that it quite frankly doesn't deserve. You'll perhaps learn a few things about the legal system that you didn't know before but try applying that to a criminal law essay... "The hierarchy of the court system is as follows...". NO. In fact I don't think they actually explain the hierarchy of the court system in this book. Anyway, I found it interesting as a bathroom read but not really applicable to my course. Make sure you buy the latest editions because there have been some changes to the law since the second edition!

Hubba 1 Inch Coloured Skateboard Bolts
Hubba 1 Inch Coloured Skateboard Bolts

4.0 out of 5 stars Hubba 1 Inch Skate Hardware, 5 May 2012
It's hardware. You put the screws in and tighten them. It took a little bit longer than I expected to screw the bolts on ,probably because the paint on these is quite thickly applied. Don't think that because the paint is on thickly that it'll last long though.I haven't skated this new board yet and already it's chipped off on certain parts. It looks smart enough for now, but I have a feeling once i'm stood on the board it might wear off quickly. Either way it's like £3 to hold your board together. I'm hardly going to complain even if the paint does wear off, or the bolts snap!

Page: 1 | 2