Profile for Alistair M. Woodhead > Reviews

Content by Alistair M. Wo...

Alistair M. Woodhead "In Melbourne," (Australia)

The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Extended Edition) [Blu-ray] [2011] [2001]
Dvd ~ Elijah Wood

5.0 out of 5 stars The best I have seen..period, 31 Mar. 2011
Initially I was alarmed when I found out the colour timing had beed adjusted. Then all the hype on the net started with green issue. It is all a load of B......T! The various screen shots comparing one to the other are all flawed and incorrect.The picture quality is amazing. The new timing actually enhances the different settings. There have also been comments surrounding the level of darkness (Too Dark) in the Mines of Moria. This is absolutly un-founded. I watched this on my 42" LG 200HZ LCD last night from begining to end. It is breathless. The depth, hues and clarity are stunning. I am not even going to comment on the sound because I will be here all day. Suffice to say my Sub Woofer got and extreme work out. Take no notice of all the scare mongering out there. This is trully a Blu Ray set to behold!

I Due Superpiedi Quasi Piatti
I Due Superpiedi Quasi Piatti
Dvd ~ Bud Spencer

4.0 out of 5 stars Passes the Test, 21 Mar. 2011
Firstly I will say that I purchased this with some trepidation. I generally only purchase Blu Ray items from the Main Stream Studios. But I must say I was pleasently surprised..Apart ftom the Title Credits that still had considerable "noise" and "artifacts" through it, the rest of the movie has had some work done it, and the result is a very watchable good quality Blu Ray..I believe at time of writing this review, this is the only Blu Ray of these two available in English...Bring them on. The sooner the better..

Monsters, Inc. [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Monsters, Inc. [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Pete Docter

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 19 Aug. 2009
Being very weary of "up-scaled" Blu-Ray DVD's I have purchased in the past, I bought this item with some concern, as it is not due for release here in Australia yet. I need not have feared. The transfer to 1080P is nothing short of awesome. If you have the original DVD you will not be disapointed with your purchase of the Blu-Ray. By the way, be weary of non main stream studios, and their Blu Ray releases. Sometimes they are terrible. Stick to the big ones like 20th Century, Universal, Disney and Sony etc

They Call Me Trinity/Trinity Is Still My Name [DVD]
They Call Me Trinity/Trinity Is Still My Name [DVD]
Dvd ~ Terence Hill
Offered by Direct Entertainment Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars The best available, 23 July 2007
There are many diferent versions of these available ( And I have seen most of them ). This set is FANTASTIC. It is what we would expect to see as DVD quality!!!!. If you are a fan of these 2, do yourself a favour and buy this set. YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!!!! Original widescreen presentation, restored into magnificant colour and sound.
Alistair....Melbourne..Australia