Profile for Victoria Connelly > Reviews

Starlings [DVD] [2012]
Starlings [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Matt King

3.0 out of 5 stars Almost there but not quite..., 15 April 2013
This review is from: Starlings [DVD] [2012] (DVD)
I really wanted to love this show - it had a cast of really great actors - but it just lacked that little spark. I thought Matt King was fabulous and stole all the scenes he was in (pity there weren't more of them) but the other characters were all just too nice and samey and the whole thing was a bit bland.

Tales from the Coop: The joy of ex-battery hens
Tales from the Coop: The joy of ex-battery hens
by Sophie Mccoy

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite book this year!, 19 Nov. 2012
As an ex-battery hen owner, I was delighted to hear about this book and couldn't wait to read the stories in it. There are so many tales of joy as new owners bring their hens home and watch them enjoy freedom for the first time. Some stories are guaranteed to make you shed a tear or two but all will leave you with the knowledge that these animals are very special indeed.

There are also some truly fantastic photos of our feathered friends that will leave a huge smile on your face, and it's heartwarming to know that the money raised from the book will go towards helping these wonderful creatures.

Searching For Captain Wentworth
Searching For Captain Wentworth
by Jane Odiwe

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this book!, 19 Nov. 2012
Jane Odiwe is one of my favourite writers and 'Searching for Captain Wentworth' was a real treat. Full of history, mystery and romance, it's a total delight if you're a Jane Austen fan or if you just want an absorbing read. I adored the attention to detail when Sophie travels back in time. The writing is so vivid and descriptive that you really feel you are there walking in the footsteps of Jane Austen. It was really magical.

So looking forward to your next book, Jane!

The Jane Austen Collection: The Complete Works (Includes Sense and Sensibility, Pride and Prejudice, Mansfield Park, Emma, Northanger Abbey, Persuasion, Lady Susan & more. Plus Audiobooks)

5.0 out of 5 stars For Austen Addicts everywhere!, 1 Aug. 2012
As the author of Mr Darcy Forever (Austen Addicts' Trilogy) I'm delighted to have this collection available for Kindle. It's so easy to go straight to my favourite scenes when I want to research something for my own books about Jane Austen addicts and it means I don't have to carry a whole heap of heavy books around with me. Thanks to the people who made this available! I hope it will bring Jane Austen even more fans.

Mr Darcy, Vampyre
Mr Darcy, Vampyre
by Amanda Grange

5.0 out of 5 stars Mr Darcy goes Gothic!, 1 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Mr Darcy, Vampyre (Paperback)
As the author of Mr Darcy Forever (Austen Addicts' Trilogy)I have read a lot of Jane Austen prequels, sequels and spin-offs and this is one of the very best. Amanda Grange recreates the intense atmosphere and dramatic settings of the very best of Gothic fiction as we travel with Mr Darcy and Elizabeth across Europe. I couldn't wait to find out what was going to happen and particularly loved the scenes set in Venice and the Alps.

Wonderful novel, Amanda! I'm looking forward to Pride and Pyramids next!

Emotional Geology
Emotional Geology
by Linda Gillard

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and daring, 22 Jun. 2005
This review is from: Emotional Geology (Paperback)
A truly original novel. So many novels are just stories, with writers giving little thought to the medium of the novel: language! But Linda Gillard's book is exquisitely written - her style reflecting the rough beauty of the Hebrides and the inner turmoil her characters face.
It is lyrical, moving and daring and will stay with me for a long time.
I so look forward to reading her future novels.