Profile for Ali > Reviews

Content by Ali

Ali "madasapotter" (yorkshire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Vbiger Visor Hat for Women Wide Brim Cap UV Protection Summer Sun Hat	One size	White 1
Vbiger Visor Hat for Women Wide Brim Cap UV Protection Summer Sun Hat One size White 1
Offered by DingWorld

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic hat - and NO, I was not given one free!!, 7 July 2017
This is the most brilliant hat in the whole wide world! I love it! I have a small head and yet it adjusts enough to fit. It firs deeply enough over the ears to stop it blowing off in the gustiest of winds. The zip off skull is handy too for a nice bit of airing! I've done a lot of walking in it and, being a nylon type material, I thought it would get a bit sweaty, but it doesn't at all and doesn't even give me really bad hat hair like baseball caps do. I think I'll have to buy up a supply to last a few years!

Please please do the black ones here in the U.K.!

New Ladies Womens Made in Italy Italian Lagenlook Pretty floral Loose Kaftan Tunic Top uk 18 20 22 24 (Light Blue)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them!, 7 July 2017
I love this. I have a number of them in different colours. They jangle nicely and have enough weight to hang, but not be a burden. Nice length.

mtsugar 3pcs Colorful Replacement Bands for Fitbit Flex / Wireless Activity Bracelet Sport Wristband / Fitbit Flex Bracelet Sport Arm Band (No tracker, Replacement Bands Only) (Black&Grey&Coffee)
Offered by mtsugar

5.0 out of 5 stars Mum loves these!, 7 July 2017
My mum has just taken over my Dad's Fitbit flex and she really likes these bracelets. She finds them easy to transfer between and easy to do up - and she's 79!! Definitely recommend them!

Micro USB Cable, ARAS Durable Lightning Cable [2-Pack] Nylon Braided Quick Charge Cable for Android Smartphones, Samsung S7, S7 Edge, Nexus, LG, Motorola, Kindle, PS4 Controller and More (6ft/1.8m,Black & Blue)

1.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but didn't last long!, 7 July 2017
These look and feel good, but the black one has become very loose at the android end and no longer charges. I am not at all impressed that there is no facility to get in touch to get a replacement. This hasn't even lasted 30 days! It's really terrible service! Shame on you, Amazon.

Morphy Richards 501014 Saute and Soup Maker - Brushed Stainless Steel
Morphy Richards 501014 Saute and Soup Maker - Brushed Stainless Steel

5.0 out of 5 stars A sure winner!, 30 April 2017
This is a great gadget. We use it regularly which is a relief as I was worried it might be a five minute wonder! It's so easy to use and so versatile. I use a basic starting point of onion and bacon, and then each time just chuck in (yes, literally, I measure nothing!) any vegetables we want. Usually prepared stuff, so a small bag of carrot, broccoli and cauliflower, along with a few handfuls of spring greens. I also chuck in 2 or 3 mushrooms. The vegetable mix of the day might include butternut squash, sweet potato, or peas, mange tout and sweet corn. I just fill it to the max line then add 1 stock cube, some chilli powder, black pepper, white pepper, mint and a dash of Worcestershire sauce. Add the boiling water to the max line, set it to smooth and wayhey! Super soup! I have tried the chunky setting but this was a bit revolting so we never used it again! It almost always comes out looking like Soylent Green, but it tastes wonderful. As an alternative, I sometimes cook a chicken breast and chuck that in to make a nice chicken and veg soup. If added at the end, I can blend it a bit so that there are some chunks of chicken left. Highly recommended.

InterDesign Rain Power Lock Suction Toothbrush Holder for Bathroom Shower or Mirror - Clear

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm sorry!, 30 April 2017
I know, I know. I should have listened! So many reviewers said it jumped off the wall and was rubbish but I though I'd be different. Stupid stupid stupid!! Note to self: Reeeeead reviews and take heeeed!

Bodum Latteo Milk Frother, Borosilicate Glass - 0.25 L, Black
Bodum Latteo Milk Frother, Borosilicate Glass - 0.25 L, Black
Offered by Harts Of Stur

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Cappuccino Ever!, 30 April 2017
...and that was made by me!! This is an amazing gadget and I'm so glad I bought it. It sat around for weeks before I decided to actually keep it and finally used it. Now, I prefer to stay in and have a home made cap instead of a £3 down the shop one! Honestly - it's so easy. The item is short on instructions, but I chose a big cup (shown, to give idea of volume). I put milk in the jug just to the line and heated microwave for just 2 mins before it started to boil. I put decaf coffee in cup and added about an inch of hot water and sweetener. Then I put the plunger in the milk and plunged with gusto. It will have a tendency to splutter a bit so be careful. I kept my thumb on the lid and it got very hot. After a minute or two, I poured some into the cup, it was like thick milk, and kept the rest in the frothier and gave it some real welly - much easier now it was half empty. After another minute or two of a sound thrashing, this now looked like the puckka stuff and I poured it over the coffee. I had a bit left and noted to use less milk next time.

The photos here are the second cup I made the next day. I let it boil unfortunately and so I'm not sure it went as well, but you can still see how thick the foam gets. I really love this and would thoroughly recommend. Next I'm going to get the stencils!
Comment Comment | Permalink

Pipetto iPad 2, 3, 4 Case - Origami Smart Cover - Red (Compatible with iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4)

1.0 out of 5 stars Be careful of the model ordered!, 29 Jan. 2017
Rating is for the description. It says it was for IPad 2 but it came as iPad retina. Refund given and I sourced a new one directly from Pipetto which is marvellous. Very expensive for what it is, but time will tell how long it lasts.

Christmas Tree Decoration Ornament Baubles Hangers Safety Hooks 4cm 100/pk Green
Offered by Rocking Party (UK seller & shipper)

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish. Not as image shows., 29 Jan. 2017
Totally not as depicted in this picture. Useless S shape on a template thing, as remarked by some other reviewers. Refund given immediately, though, and product put in bin.

Edge of Eternity (The Century Trilogy Book 3)
Edge of Eternity (The Century Trilogy Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Unputdownable! Where's volume 4!!!!, 29 Jan. 2017
Well, it had to happen. I got to the end of the Century Trilogy 😳 and now I don't know what to do with myself. It's like getting home after a holiday and feeling like you've lost something. I have - I've lost all the characters in whom I invested all that emotion and felt as though I knew. It's odd, thinking back, that it started out with Billy Twice and his sister in volume 1 and ended up with the newer characters (I won't mention names!) who are ancient by the end! I love the historical detail and the way its effect can be seen in the characters' lives. Extremely immersive, very very sad to finish it. Only thing to do is read it again or get another Ken Follett one! Excellent read. I totally loved it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10