Profile for Plod > Reviews

Church Of Hawkwind
Church Of Hawkwind
Offered by trec002

5.0 out of 5 stars Old friend reunited, 7 May 2016
This review is from: Church Of Hawkwind (Audio CD)
Great to have this album on CD after getting rid of vinyl - kev

Abba Gold Anniversary Edition
Abba Gold Anniversary Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars ABBA - does what it says on the tin - quality cheese, 31 Aug. 2014
Cheesy but I grew up with their sound - and lets face it - most people know ABBA even if it's a guilty pleasure.
Excellent selection triple album I bought particularly for 'Summer Night City'.

Magnetic fields/Les chants magnetiques (1981)
Magnetic fields/Les chants magnetiques (1981)

5.0 out of 5 stars Return of an old friend, 31 Aug. 2014
Finally got round to replacing vinyl copy - service from seller was good with the item delivered in good time as described - Magnetic Fields completes the first trio of Jarres more popular releases along with Oxgene and Equinox all of which I bough immediately on vinyl at their release in the UK so am more than pleased to 're-unite' them in my collection on compact disc.

MTV Unplugged
MTV Unplugged
Offered by westworld-

5.0 out of 5 stars Twisted Rendition, 20 Aug. 2014
This review is from: MTV Unplugged (Audio CD)
This CD (for me ) is the icing on the cake - I have all of the studio releases from Korn so this was a sort of 'completist' purchase but I have to say is an interesting alternate to their normal style - for me it works for most tracks and I really like the addition of Amy Lee and Robert Smith - definitely glad I bought the album (no preconceptions as I've never heard any of the other 'unplugged' issues) which puts a different spin on my favourite band - would recommend.

Kick-Ass 2 [DVD] [2013]
Kick-Ass 2 [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Aaron Taylor-Johnson
Offered by MediaMerchants

5.0 out of 5 stars It kicked ass, 11 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Kick-Ass 2 [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
1st film broke new ground - this is more of the same :) liked it a lot - you've got to see it

Chop Suey!
Chop Suey!

5.0 out of 5 stars bRAIN dAMAGE, 10 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Chop Suey! (MP3 Download)
Got a free mp3 token from Amazon so bought Chop Suey by System Of A Down because I love it - but not enough to buy the album - so this was a long overdue addition to my music - enjoy

Moontan
Moontan
Offered by Side Two

5.0 out of 5 stars Golden Oldie (did I really say that :( ), 10 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Moontan (Audio CD)
I gave this 5 stars for exceeding my memory expectations - this is arguably the best album by Earring and certainly the most popular by virtue of inclusion of the hit Radar Love - BUT - the whole UK album is brilliant and I stress UK ,because I looked for the cover of the UK version I remembered from vinyl (gatefold album cover with naked pale moonlit woman- hence Moontan) but all the CDs I have seen with this cover were 'rest of world issue' with two bogus pop tracks (Just like Vince Taylor and Suzy Lunacy) and omitted Big Tree , Blue Sea - THIS VERSION I AM REVIEWING ,to be absolutely 'crystal' has the following track listing - and they're all excellent and fit together (unlike the other version!!!!)

1. Radar Love
2. Candy's Going Bad
3. Vanilla Queen
4. Big Tree, Blue Sea
5. Are You Receiving Me

Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!
Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!

5.0 out of 5 stars Old favourite and it was used in, 9 Dec. 2013
Couldn't resist it - an old old fave - reminds me of my childhood when a lot of this old material was re-cycled along with Elvis films - Dean Martin & Jerry Lewis ,Frank Sinatra - this track particularly for its use in the Die Hard films.

100 Hits Punk & New Wave
100 Hits Punk & New Wave
Offered by usnap

5.0 out of 5 stars Really pleased - found a track I've been searching for (for 22 years !), 15 Sept. 2013
Good selection of various types of punk and new wave and at such a good price - few curious omissions - but hey I'm not complaining , the rest of the tracks are good to very good.

Five CDs in a reasonably robust jewel case with an embossed card cover - so well packaged for a 'general' compilation and the reproduction of the CD's is good with decent thickness disc's - not the cheapo thin disc's used in some compilations.

The icing on the cake was discovery on side three of a track by Killing Joke that I have been searching for 22 years to find - so all the rest of it is justified by finding this one track - happy days.

Would I recommend this product - absolutely - yes - good value - good service - KMS
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 16, 2016 7:34 PM GMT

Page: 1 | 2