Profile for Persephone Cocteau > Reviews

Content by Persephone Cocteau

Persephone Cocteau

Page: 1 | 2
Ikea White Chopping Board (Free Post & Packing)
Ikea White Chopping Board (Free Post & Packing)
Offered by Vicky_Hemdev (VAT Registered UK Company)

1.0 out of 5 stars Why is this rated so highly?, 9 Jun. 2016
I bought 2 of these boards and found them to be incredibly slippery, both on the table surface and with whatever vegetable I was cutting.

The price is great, but with postage and the fact I bought 2, I might as well have just put it toward an 8 quid board from sainsburys. Wouldn't recommend.

Woman Nike DNT Destroyer Quilted Padded Jacket Black Girls Ladies (Medium)
Woman Nike DNT Destroyer Quilted Padded Jacket Black Girls Ladies (Medium)

5.0 out of 5 stars What a sexy jacket., 16 April 2016
What a bargain, is all i can say!

I was half expecting it to be completely different from the image, but i was more than chuffed to see it pretty much spot on, if not better than the image. The NIKE logo is clear and not too intrusive, as well as the patch on the arm. The fit is perfect (i'm a 10/12 and went for the Medium and it's snug without being tight) and it's super soft and quilted on the inside whilst having a badass silk material exterior.

Posting was grand and super quick, i'd happy pay double the price for this jacket!

Everything Tablet Flip Case/Stand for iPad Mini 2 - Black/Orange
Everything Tablet Flip Case/Stand for iPad Mini 2 - Black/Orange

5.0 out of 5 stars Quirky, clean looking case., 6 Mar. 2016
I've only used this case for less than a week but i've had good first impressions of it!

I have a iPad mini 2, and it fits very snug into the back case. Sometimes it's a little hard to get to the volume buttons, but that happens whenever my iPhone is in its own case too, so it's not a big deal.

I've looked at loads of other low budget cases for my iPad, and the other equivalent to this one was a third of the price, but i could tell the stitching would be of poor quality (from looking at the close up images), and i'd spent so much on my iPad, it made no sense to spend a fiver on protection for it. The 2 tones are smooth and very striking and i love that this utilises a different type of material that allows the screen to be stood up at an angle (it's a different style to those 3 ridges you see on other cases). So far i haven't had the screen slip down, fingers crossed it stays like that.

All in all, it's a very high quality iPad case at a very good price and i'd definitely buy again!

5 Star Office Name Badges Security Landscape with Plastic Clip 60x90mm (Pack 25)
Offered by Office Nerd

4.0 out of 5 stars We went as Alex and Piper from OITNB for halloween., 29 Nov. 2015
I literally only wanted 2 but this 25 pack was the cheapest set.

Lanes Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Cream 28g
Lanes Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Cream 28g
Offered by Parkem Retail

4.0 out of 5 stars but i put it on my face every time i get those "painful under the skin WHAT IS THAT" spots and i FEEEEEL like it's doing somethi, 29 Nov. 2015
I don't know if it works or not, but i put it on my face every time i get those "painful under the skin WHAT IS THAT" spots and i FEEEEEL like it's doing something, working its magic. And it smells good to boot!

Caracal [VINYL]
Caracal [VINYL]

5.0 out of 5 stars Not as strong as Settle but bloody good nonetheless, 29 Nov. 2015
This review is from: Caracal [VINYL] (Vinyl)
Man, they're my favourite duo since peanut butter and jam sarnies.

Whilst it's a cracking album with beautiful collabs with Sam Smith, Lorde (yayaya) for me it just doesn't FLOW together as much as their previous album Settle (which is a must buy). Settle's songs could stand on their own, being very different from one another but still embodying that same Disclosure vibe and brought funky garage/rnb to the mix whilst Caracal feels a bit more rinse and repeat? That being said, Jaded and Omen are my absolute favourite tracks of the year.

Who cares what i think though, DISCLOSURE HYPE!

Friends 1-Piece Ceramic Central Perk Mug
Friends 1-Piece Ceramic Central Perk Mug

5.0 out of 5 stars I bought this for work so that when it got lost i could email out saying "Could i BE anymore lost?", 29 Nov. 2015
10/10, but please don't do a reunion.

Make & Create Easy Knit Set Toy Owl
Make & Create Easy Knit Set Toy Owl

1.0 out of 5 stars Shame the instructions are naff, otherwise, a cute kit., 28 Dec. 2014
I bought this exact set from The Works for £2.99. I thought, this looks proper cute, a nice afternoon activity to begin!

Do not buy if you have zero to none experience in anything knitting/crotchet craft like. The instructions seem simple at first (images), and the plastic loom and kit provided seem sufficient, but between steps 5 & 6 it's like i was supposed to jump from medical undergrad to brain surgeon working on.. myself?! They're not concise, and barely understandable.

I probably sound really pathetic and angry for commenting on a product like this, targeted at ages 7 and over.. but if i was working with a kid on this, i'd probably end up throwing it to the side of the room and buying them a stuffed owl instead.

Speck SeeThru Satin Hard Shell Case Cover for 15 inch MacBook Pro with Retina Display - Peacock Blue
Offered by Olixar

4.0 out of 5 stars Speck-tacular!, 24 Dec. 2014
I used to own the aubergine speck case for my 2009 unibody mac - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Speck-MacBook-Inch-SeeThru-Satin/dp/B0054ZLLBS - and was very happy with that purchase. Speck have once again delighted me with a colourful, hardwearing protective case for my Retina macbook pro.

My previous case, which i've still got, remained in good condition for all these years and this is with the wear and tear of a student's daily life. Travelling in my backpack cross country, accidentally dropped from the edge of my bed, dealing with the chip grease coated hands from a night-out. That case, after 3-ish years has only seen a corner go missing (i have no idea how that corner got chipped), but alas it has kept my older mac pretty safe. Hopefully i can say the exact same for this new purchase, which btw, i got for an absolute steal from the Amazon Warehouse (make sure to check if there's any there before purchasing a NEW new case).

The blue is a little more on the greenish/teal side, but that's my favourite colour anyways :) All in all, great purchase!

The Gro Company Gro Anywhere Blackout Blind
The Gro Company Gro Anywhere Blackout Blind

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm a vampire!, 10 Nov. 2014
Well, i work nightshift. And this is a godsend. Having issues with dozing off due to that bright summer shine at 9am, i was recommended a "baby black out blind with stars on it" by a workmate. I was sceptical, but i can say.. it's perfect, and genuinely blacks out the room. It has an adorable stars pattern which makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, despite my topsy turvy body clock.

The blind has a great velcro/fastening feature which allows you to slightly extend or decrease the width of the blind vertically. I highly recommend it!

Page: 1 | 2