Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now
Profile for Ms. P. J. O'CONNOR > Reviews

Content by Ms. P. J. O'CONNOR

Ms. P. J. O'CONNOR "Pen" (London UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
ASUS UX31E Zenbook 13.3-inch Laptop (Silver) - (Intel Core i7 2677M 1.8GHz Processor, 4GB RAM, 128GB SSD, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Integrated Graphics, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit)

3.0 out of 5 stars looks cool, 21 April 2013
I loved the look of this notepad, and very impressed with the light weight. But then I discovered the aluminum casing is hard and cold and the keypad not quite as responsive as I would like. The screen is not as big as my last lap top. I realise I need a bigger screen for eye comfort. It needs an external drive for DVD's which works fine . I've had trouble with the software it came with and had to clear it back to factory settings, so I've hardly used it since as my old one is still working....This may therefore be an unfair review , as I've not used it very much to get used to. It probably does what it says on the tin but I might look for something else.

Major Pettigrew's Last Stand
Major Pettigrew's Last Stand
by Helen Simonson

5.0 out of 5 stars Romance over chapatis, 21 April 2013
When I began to read I thought it was heading into Mid Summer Murders territory , an English village with an old gentleman completely out of touch with modern Britain. And then it changed and a radical story of love between cultures emerged and I couldn't put it down. Characters believable and charming. It was a very charming book.

New Grey Mens Classic Velcro Luxury Quality Wide Slippers Size UK 11
New Grey Mens Classic Velcro Luxury Quality Wide Slippers Size UK 11

3.0 out of 5 stars well made slippers, 21 April 2013
They're very nice slippers but I had to send them back because they were still too narrow for my husbands' enormously swollen foot. Deep enough but not wide enough. He needs a croc- shape.

Amour [DVD] [2012]
Amour [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Jean-Louis Trintignant

5.0 out of 5 stars Exquisite, 21 April 2013
This review is from: Amour [DVD] [2012] (DVD)
It is a masterful film, full of tenderness, beautifully shot, slowly unfolding. A grown up film. So nice to watch something about an elegant couple becoming old and dying. It's what life is about.

DIABETIC ORTHOPAEDIC COMFORT SLIPPERS BOOTS SHOES FUR LINED EXTRA WIDE MENS BLACK CORD 11

3.0 out of 5 stars not wide enough, 7 Mar. 2013
I bought these for my husband who has a very wide and swollen foot. He's used to walking around in crocs, but the top was beginning to rub and create a wound. I thought soft slippers would be the thing, but very disappointed to find that they weren't wide enough - It's a tapered end and the shoe not nearly wide enough although it's advertised as extra wide.... Shame they looked good quality.

Urban Sport Ultra Lightweight Carry On Backpack on Wheels
Urban Sport Ultra Lightweight Carry On Backpack on Wheels

5.0 out of 5 stars lovely little backback on wheels, 14 Jan. 2013
I've had this for some years and very glad they are still making it so I can replace it. I use it several times a year and its big enough for my laptop so I can take it within my hand luggage if an airline only wants one piece of hand luggage. It's very stable on its wheels and ergonomically very light and easy to pull.

Bosch ART 23 Easytrim Accu Cordless 14.4 V Grass Trimmer
Bosch ART 23 Easytrim Accu Cordless 14.4 V Grass Trimmer

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent strimmer, 9 Jan. 2013
I purchased this because it's light weight and battery powered. I have never used one before, but have a large area of land where I am growing 4 olive trees. It was waste ground, not cultivated for years and years and the weeds had taken over - pretty spring flowers but needed some control. This is advertised as a grass trimmer, but I have used it not on a suburban lawn, but this wild piece of land and it's been perfect for me. The strimmer runs about half an hour or so of constant use before battery runs out and battery takes minimum 3 hours to recharge. It is so light and easy to manage, even when the grass/weeds were still damp from the dew and rain. It comes with loads of extra plastic blades which is needed for my job as I managed to break them on the unexpected stones. I'm really impresses and heartily recommend. One caveat: the battery is quite chunky to remove, but clocks into place easily. I take it out when cleaning the blades as the on/off trigger is easily pressed by accident.

Star Trek: The Next Generation - Season 7 [DVD] [1990]
Star Trek: The Next Generation - Season 7 [DVD] [1990]
Dvd ~ Patrick Stewart
Offered by makandmabel

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for us Trekkies!, 25 Nov. 2012
I love TNG and this set in silver 'spacey' packaging was great fun and made me smile. The last series has a lot of character work in it as well as action, and the last episode works very well as a wrap.

Nemasys vine weevil killer standard pack
Nemasys vine weevil killer standard pack
Offered by green gardener

3.0 out of 5 stars Is it working?, 25 Nov. 2012
I have used this stuff before to eliminate the vine weevils from my balcony. I ordered it late in the season, so maybe that was the problem - a new plant had its roots eaten away a week later and leaves from my begonia were shredded once more....sigh. I will probably order some more inthe spring and have another go. I like the fact its biological and not horrible chemicals.

Belkin F8N225 Slim Lightweight Messenger Bag for Laptops, Macbooks and Chromebooks up to 15.6 inch -Black

5.0 out of 5 stars lightweight laptop bag, 25 Nov. 2012
This is just the job - neat compact lightweight and good quality. And just the right size to fit into my hand luggage when flying on airlines that only allow one piece fo handluggage.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7