Profile for Richard Martin > Reviews

Jazz Method for Saxophone (with Audio CD) for Tenor Saxes
Jazz Method for Saxophone (with Audio CD) for Tenor Saxes
by John O'Neill

5.0 out of 5 stars A note of agreement, 16 Jun. 2004
I would like to add my voice to the praise for this book. An excellent Jazz-focussed introduction to the sax.
I agree that a follow-on book would be an excellent addition.
My only complaint (now I'm being really picky) is that the book doesn't have a little sleeve in the front to keep the CD in. As a result of not being able to keep them together, in moving house I have lost the CD!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 21, 2011 4:27 PM GMT

Vehicles: Experiments in Synthetic Psychology (Bradford Books)
Vehicles: Experiments in Synthetic Psychology (Bradford Books)
by Braitenberg

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating and innovative approach to cognitive science, 15 Mar. 2004
Braitenberg's small book provides an unique approach to the attempt to understand human cognitive processes. The appraoch is reductionist (in the best sense of the word) whilst at the same time employing his rule of 'downhill analysis and uphill synthesis'. This rule allows Braitenberg to explain features of human cognition by gradual, easily understood, steps from simpler stages.
An excellent read for anyone interested in cognition or evolution.

Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne (PC CD)
Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne (PC CD)
Offered by Soprano Entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars A top class sequal to a top class game, 7 Nov. 2003
I loved the original, so when I saw that the sequal had been released I rushed out to buy it. I was then a little concerned that my Athlon1.4GHz GeForce3 machine might not be up to the task and thought I would probably have to upgrade. I installed the game to see; set the graphics level to medium and gave it a try...
I have just stopped playing having completed it. Wow! Great game.
Well done Remedy. Well done Rockstar. Well done to everyone involved.