Profile for Lucky Bob > Reviews

Content by Lucky Bob

Lucky Bob (surrey , united kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Cast Iron BBQ
Cast Iron BBQ

3.0 out of 5 stars If you have a very steady hand and very good eyesight this may not be an issue for you ..., 23 Jun. 2017
This review is from: Cast Iron BBQ (Garden & Outdoors)
Do be sure that you familiarise yourself with the state measurements so you know what you are buying ie this is a table top item (metal table) or a sitting on the floor in a circle bbq. The one I received did have a cast iron griddle but the plate the charcoal sits on was thin plain steel so would need replacement at some point and not cast iron as I'm sure the description advised. I would imagine that this unit could have many uses but I bought it for bbq'ing and for me it isn't going to do the job as I found the griddle is very lightly secured by 3 feet on the top rim and unless you very carefully locate it falls off and your food drops straight on the charcoal. If you have a very steady hand and very good eyesight this may not be an issue for you but I don't think its satisfactory. I really wanted a compact unit, I have a large gas bbq for parties etc and just wanted a small unit for a few burgers if it was just family. In the end I decided to pay a lot more and go for a Weber Compact 47cm (on offer at £59.99) which isn't small but I have to say is very well designed and if you restrain yourself till the charcoal goes white before pilling it on it cooks very well very quickly and as long as you turn the food putting the lid on ensures even cooking even faster. So in summary my advice would be you get what you pay for and although the price is great perhaps you might want to pay more and get a well designed unit that does the job you wanted it for.

Best Rechargeable Nose Hair Trimmer -- Premium Quality Stainless Steel Won't Break! Lifetime Warranty and 100% Money-Back Guarantee of Satisfaction!
Offered by EZ Innovations Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent trimmer, 6 Jan. 2017
Arrived promptly and was well packaged. Seems to be nice robust construction, seller offers lifetime guarantee which is reassuring. Not to noisy and does the job well.

Estwing EWF21 Weight Forward Hammer
Estwing EWF21 Weight Forward Hammer

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice hammer, 26 April 2016
Very pretty nicely made hammer. Does what you would expect it to do but seems to knock in nails more positively. I also recently used it with a chisel to remove old mortar and it was nice & well balanced and didn't make my arm ache like my club hammer would have. The handle design also allows you to grip it a few inches below the head if required for more delicate taps. Feels like it will last forever, very pleased.

(6 Pairs) 2 x Pack of 3 Caterpillar Work Socks Cotton Mens in Black (11-14)
(6 Pairs) 2 x Pack of 3 Caterpillar Work Socks Cotton Mens in Black (11-14)
Offered by KRB Clothing

5.0 out of 5 stars Very tidy socks, 26 April 2016
I'm size 13 and thought when first opened that they might be too big but actually fit just nice. Was expected a padded heel & toe and was a bit worried that I might not get my trainers on but they are an even thickness all over and I would think that the heel & toe material is a stronger reinforced fabric. Would definitely recommend for the larger footed man.

LUENX Mens Womens Vintage Aviator Polarised sunglasses with Elegant eyeglass Case - UV 400 Protection Green Lens Silver Metal Frame 58mm
Offered by LUENX

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 30 Nov. 2015
Glasses come in a smart very sturdy soft hardcase and also have a pouch inside (must be a tenners worth itself I would think). I think they look smart and are comfortable to wear and I am pleased with the value for money as they appear well made..

Kafeimali Men's Slouchy Long Beanie Knit Caps for Baggy Skull Chunky Snowboard Hats Ski Skull Caps (Army Green)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the slouchy look I wanted on me, thought ..., 18 Nov. 2015
Not the slouchy look I wanted on me, thought it would be longer, just seems to ride up in to a conical point, maybe I've got a big head ?

Vacmaster Multi 20 Wet & Dry Dust Extractor Vacuum Cleaner with PTO. 20 Litre. 1250w. Fast & Free Delivery

5.0 out of 5 stars Click buy now, dont waste any more time looking for a better vac at this price point, there simply isnt one., 6 Nov. 2015
Do not hesitate to buy this vac at this price if you are looking for a lightweight compact machine. I wanted a vac for my home workshop and hovering the wife's car out (typical lady, its normally minging inside) and was about to click & buy a Henry for £130 when I thought I'd do a bit more research and came across this one and gave it a go. First outing I had to do lots of wall drilling in the newly decorated spare room, plugged my sds drill in to Vac (incidentally my son was initially upset as he liked the look of the Henry so I quickly drew 2 eyes & a mouth on the front of this one and explained to my son that this hoover's name was Vac, Vac Master, said in my best James Bond voice, and now although not entirely convinced he seems happy) and proceeded to happily drill away with Vac sucking up all the debris. So using the onboard power take off socket was a breeze, saved me forgetting to turn on the hoover as it automatically starts up as so as the drill turns and also saved me getting an extension lead out to plug both the drill and a regular hoover in.

Off in to my home workshop after lunch and did a lot of jigsawing (no vac take off on this saw unfortunately) covered the floor in sawdust but fitted the regular extension tubes and floor head on to Vac and he sucked the lot up no worries, just the job. So in summary this appears to be an excellent hoover for the price, thought it might be well noisy but it sounds just normal to me, was worried it would be heavy but is actually very lightweight in my opinion, doesn't tip over like some others I've seen, the hose seems decent and is nice and long, has a nice big power switch, looks very smart & professional and not made from that awful smelling plastic like pound shop ones and holds a nice big replaceable bag inside. When I ordered this item from Amazon I later saw another buyers advice about buying new bags direct from Vacmaster.eu and went to their website and ordered a pack of 3 (£5) and was very pleased to discover, when I unboxed the hoover, that they were inside along with a receipt, well done Vacmaster for spending a bit of time looking at customers names & orders.

PetSafe Staywell Pet Door Solid Aluminium Frame for Dogs - Medium
PetSafe Staywell Pet Door Solid Aluminium Frame for Dogs - Medium

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT PRODUCT BUT PLEASE READ MY FITTING ADVICE IF YOU HAVE A UPVC DOOR, 25 Oct. 2015
IMPORTANT FITTING TIPS TO FOLLOW. Was a bit unsure what size to order, I have a Boxer dog and she's very lively, clumsy and daft as armpits but was worried if a bought a large flap it might present as security risk. After a bit of tempting (standing outside with a chicken leg) she eventually came thru it, I immediately went indoors (with chicken leg) but she was reluctant to come back in. After studying it for a few mins I realized that the outside step was a few inches lower than the kitchen floor so I placed a paving slab on the doorstep and bingo she came in straight away. She now uses it with ease and it makes me smile watching her go in and out. She's not a large boxer but has no trouble with the size, as I say I think the height is probably the most important factor.

FITTING: I fitted it in to an fairly old upvc door and actually overlapped a catflap fitted by previous house owner. Warning, old upvc is very brittle so if you are jigsawing it out make sure you use the finest toothed blade you have and set it on a slow speed, I had a couple of bits breakout but fortunately the wide frame has covered them ok. IMPORTANT you get 4 long plastic bolts to hold the 2 halves together, use a manual screwdriver (I used my small power driver and even being careful snapped one bolt, Petsafe bless them posted me a replacement foc) and DONT do them up tight, just barely finger tight will do as they expand & contract with temp and I have had one break after 2 weeks. There are no sealing gaskets round the frame but as it was a lovely snug fit I thought ok no problem, wrong, as soon as we had some heavy rain it leaked water on to kitchen floor. Took it back off and ran a bead of silicone around all areas and refitted and perfect now. Don't make my mistake, put a decent bead around it when you first install then you'll have no problem and wont have to faff around with the plastic bolts.

QUALITY: seems well made and magnetic strip keeps it closed in all but the strongest winds and it comes with a very nice slide on cover that locks in to place if you want to shut it off at night or if weathers really ghastly. I believe the soft plastic flap is replaceable if it ever wears out so all in all I would thoroughly recommend this product.

**UPDATE** 30/11/2015:

Am still loving this flap but as I live on an Island now the strong winds have started I have found that the flap will blow open and let an unwelcome draught in to the house. I contacted PetSafe (0800 046 14 14) for advice and their friendly & helpful customer service team suggested that I should fit an additional plastic flap (the same as the original one, undo the four silver screws at the top of the flap and slip in) as this will make it a bit heavier and should help. Ordered it from them over the phone for £11 very straightforward.

Vileda Supadry Hoist Rotary Airer, 60 m
Vileda Supadry Hoist Rotary Airer, 60 m

5.0 out of 5 stars Smart looking airer, 26 May 2014
I think it looks very smart and appears much sturdier than previous ones that we have had, centre post is nearly 3 inches in diameter. If you wind the handle up the inner post goes up and will lift the top a good foot at least higher and gets the clothes out of the reach of our naughty dog. Comes with a well made ground socket that you pop it in then twist a collar in to lock it in place. Would suggest you dig a straight sided, hole 10-12 inches square and 18 inches deep and cement in in with a full bag of postcrete fencing post mix. Press the red button on the top collar and it slides down the centre shaft which folds the arms in out of the way and they clip in to the top collar. Undo the bottom collar ( 1/4 turn ) and lift the whole thing out for storage then pop the nice red bung in the hole to seal the ground socket and leave it looking smart. This sounds simple but previous ones have had a steel spike in the ground and after lifting the airer out of it to cut the lawn I could never find the bloody hole again.

Tip: When first assembled I couldn't get the inner post to wind up and down reliably and a quickly answered email to Vileda suggested the inner post hadn't fully located in the handle mechanism and they were spot on, gave the top a good shove downwards and sure enough it clicked in and now works perfectly.

STAR N9599 - 5.7 Inch HD (1280*720 pixels) huge Screen Tablet Phone Android 4.2 MTK6589 Quad Core 1.2GHz with hand-write stylus (Grey, White)

5.0 out of 5 stars A thing of beauty is a joy forever, 23 Jan. 2014
And boy this phone sure does look beautiful. Was a little worried about importing myself, have always previously gone down to the Vodafone shop to purchase a new phone but as they wanted best part of £500 for a similar size & spec phone I thought I'd give it a go. I ordered mine from Buysku Ltd off Amazon and found the whole process a breeze. Had a few questions pre and post purchase and I was pleased to always receive a prompt courteous reply, would recommend them. Was quoted up to 6 weeks delivery but it arrived in 2 so was very happy as I'm a buy it today want it tomorrow kind of guy! Have seen a few other reviews and questions worrying about buying from China but I don't know about you but I thought pretty much all phones were made in China, so I would have thought they would be experts by now and probably world leaders.

As mentioned phone looks super, my office colleagues have been well impressed, most initially think its a Note 3, others realise its a tad bigger and think its a Mega but all agree it looks very nice and several are considering buying one and are amazed at the price and a couple are choked as they have recently paid 3-4 times the price for something perhaps not as good.

Operation: Too be fair its my first smartphone, wanted something big as my eyes are terrible and it has a Huge setting on the text which is great for me. The owners manual is very small and scant on detail but I had the wifi, 3g, Bluetooth, contacts and everything set up in half an hour with little trouble and with a bit of trial and error am finding my way round the interface ok. My regular sized sim card went straight in, takes 2 if you want, so did my mini sd card and all my photos and music that was on it instantly appeared in all the correct areas on the phone no problem and the sound is very good. Comes with loads of apps on it , haven't put any more on yet but it has playstore installed so wouldn't expect any problems.

In summary, its a big and beautiful phone, does feel a bit big in your pocket but its very slim and not too heavy, the screen quality is great, call quality is excellent, camera seems very good and it comes with 2 batteries. Ok I haven't had it long and I guess it might be a worry if it goes wrong but nothing to suggest that I wouldn't be able to get any help from the seller if needed and also I suppose I could buy almost 4 of these for the cost of a more well known one anyway.

Update:

Ok had it a couple of weeks now and have to say the first week I was busy and just used the phone for a couple of calls and half a dozen texts every day + Bluetooth on in the car and the battery lasted for 7 days ! This seems remarkable for a large screen phone and ok I expect if I had wifi on and was using it all the time then sure this wouldn't be the case but interesting to learn that if you just use it as a phone it can go a week on a single charge. Note I was using the handy power off function, automatically switches phone off at midnight and switches back on at 7am, you can set the times to suit you, super I think. Am amazed at the speed it operates at, just switched on wifi, tapped on playstore, downloaded BBC weather app, installed it, moved icon to required home screen and the whole process took around 45 seconds! Recently bought a pack of 6 savvies screen protectors from protectionfilms24 off ebay for £3.65 inc p&p and they fit perfect bubble free, I think they sell on Amazon as well. Am currently using the flip cover that came with the phone, basically its a replica of the phone back with a flip cover attached to it and it fits perfect and of course adds further protection to the screen but would love to get some sort of gel case that might help if I dropped it but cant find one anywhere at the moment.

I seem to be finding more features on a daily basis and am further amazed at the quality for the price, I do hope its reliable a lasts for years as it really does more than everything I think I would ever need but I guess if I had to change it once a year it would still work out cheaper than a Samsung on contract at £35 a month as I'm currently having it away with my £10.50 a month contract. Only glitch I've come across so far is that more often than not if I get in the car, with it in my pocket, it usually wont pair to my radio but have found if I wait until I get in the car and then switch the Bluetooth on at the handset it pairs every time no problem so perhaps maybe it only sends a pairing signal for a while each time Bluetooth is switched on.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3