Profile for L James > Reviews

Seagate Momentus 2.5 inch XT ST95005620AS 500GB 7200rpm Internal Hard Drive
Seagate Momentus 2.5 inch XT ST95005620AS 500GB 7200rpm Internal Hard Drive
Offered by Bipra Limited Number 1 Hard Drive Specialist

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and reliable, 26 Feb. 2013
I bought this harddrive (HDD) to replace the mechanical one in my laptop as it had become very slow. This was my first time replacing a HDD but it was very simple to do. The trickier part was reinstalling Windows and transferring the files I wanted to keep but instructions to do this can be looked up.

The difference really was incredible. Windows loads almost instantly, applications run faster; the laptop responds like it did when I first bought it several years ago. I can now compare this drive to a full SSD I bought for a PC build I completed recently. I think it compares favourably in terms of speed and yet has greater storage for the cost. It has caused me no problems since I installed it over six months ago, so I give it a big tick for reliability.

Highly recommended.

Denon AH-C360 In-Ear Stereo Earphones - Silver
Denon AH-C360 In-Ear Stereo Earphones - Silver

4.0 out of 5 stars It's okay but I like it, 26 Feb. 2013
I'm no audiophile but I do appreciate decent audio equipment. The sound can suffer somewhat from the fit of the buds, but there is real clarity and a bass that is punchy but not overpowering. My major gripe with these is the length of the cables, something other reviewers have mentioned too. I have no idea what Denon were thinking, really. The cable is far too short which necessitates the use of the supplied extension, resulting in a tangled ball in my pocket. Unless you fancy keeping your portable music device in your top pocket, next to your glasses, ballpoint pen and hanky, then this will be a problem for you. If you strap it to your arm or whatever joggers do, then it would be fine if the buds were more secure and cable noise was reduced.

It does get 4 stars from me but perhaps it should get 3. I do really like the audio quality and the price. I don't like the cable. I hate the cable so much. But I manage.

Edit: as another reviewer has mentioned, watch the price!

Razer Imperator 5600DPI Gaming Mouse
Razer Imperator 5600DPI Gaming Mouse

4.0 out of 5 stars Revised review! Four stars., 6 Dec. 2011
I want to edit my review now it's been a year of using this mouse and I think my original assessment was a little unfair. It has turned out to be a reliable mouse for me and despite the initial connection hiccups I've since had no real issues. I've also changed my mousemat to one made from a cloth material and this has really helped with gliding and tracking. Originally I was using a smooth, plastic surface and had problems with that (tracking/mouse feet friction).

What I particularly like about the mouse is the shape but it is difficult to recommend based on that because we each have our own preferences. The side buttons can be adjusted to suit your thumb position, which does accommodate different hand shapes to an extent (it's a little more gimmick than customizable). The buttons have so far not degraded, which was the problem with my previous Deathadder model. I also really like the software with this and changing profiles can be as quick as a mouseclick.

Overall, I'm awarding it 4 stars due to the fact it's been reliable and suits my needs, as it provides seven clickable buttons (plus scrolling mousewheel) in good positions and excellent accompanying software. It loses a star due to not quite living up to its high cost at the time of purchase.