Profile for linny > Reviews

Let Me Come Home
Let Me Come Home
Offered by TwoRedSevens

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Sound, 6 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Let Me Come Home (Audio CD)
I saw Broken Records live recently and immediately bought this CD. I loved it the first time I listened to it, but the second listening (right now) is even better. The sheer depth and size of the sound they make is fantastic, the echoes and sounds bounce as if you are running through a forest with the band playing. It's beautiful and at times haunting as in Dia dos Namorados! which reminded me of Mark Lanegan and Isobell Campbell's Ballad of the Broken Seas. Then the uplifting The Motorcycle Boy Reigns, it's hard not to think of travelling through the Scottish landscape with this blaring, in utter awe at the vastness and beauty of what lies before you, knowing that you are to small to comprehend. A Dark Rises Up is the kind of song that makes you yearn for your youth (those of us of a certain age) so we can fall in love to it. I've not felt this sentimental about new music in a long while, this band deserve to be huge.

Evidence of Things Unseen: A Novel
Evidence of Things Unseen: A Novel
by Marianne Wiggins

5.0 out of 5 stars Evidence of things unseen, 28 Oct. 2011
This is simply one of the most heartbreakingly beautiful books I have ever read. I am SO glad I found it. The themes have been covered in othere reviews; this review is purley to encourage readers to chose this book, sit down in peace, prepare to surrender your heart and enjoy! The book is full of science, wonder, love and grief, and will appeal to men and women. It's an amazing art to be able to create characters of this depth; I still think of them from time to time.