Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's
Profile for Helsinki Naisten > Reviews

Content by Helsinki Naisten

Helsinki Naisten (Finland)

Page: 1 | 2
Alien Cartel
Alien Cartel

5.0 out of 5 stars New take in the sci-fi storyline ..., 6 Jan. 2016
This review is from: Alien Cartel (Kindle Edition)
Am not a reader of sci-fi but I enjoyed this book very much. It has a diffeeent take on things, is quite elaborate in the plot, and the author has a good writing-style. I will read the follow-up to this story.
Comment Comment | Permalink

The Cancer Handbook: What's Really Working: What Doctors Don't Tell You 1
The Cancer Handbook: What's Really Working: What Doctors Don't Tell You 1
by Lynne McTaggart

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 18 Jun. 2015
Arrived in time and as listed.

A Delicate Truth
A Delicate Truth

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing ...., 10 May 2013
This review is from: A Delicate Truth (Kindle Edition)
I have read all of le Carre's works and was eagerly awaiting the arrival on my Kindle of his latest offering. The reviews were glowing but, for me, the book is a tremendous let-down. Others have detailed the story-line so I won 't bore you with repetition. I dislike the constant ping-pong dialogue - which I suppose is meant to sweep you along with the jolly cleverness of these FO/mandarin types. Groan. Hard to stomach for more than a few pages let alone chapter after tedious chapter. Couldn't care less about Toby (aka Tobe) or his Minister and the ridiculous behind-the-scenes shennanigans which everyone (except our Tobe) knows about anyway. The opening drama was just as bad - nonsense and so bad I laughed. If I had written such tosh and sent it to a publisher I would expect a rejection slip by return. This story is not even a curate's egg.

The Hidden Man
The Hidden Man

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 13 April 2013
This review is from: The Hidden Man (Kindle Edition)
Having read all of Cumming's books had pre-ordered The Hidden Man and looked forward to its arrival on my Kindle. However, I am half-way through the book and have set it aside as I cannot summon the interest to continue. The story starts well, interest is building in the characters and then, well, nothing happens. The idea of the 2 brothers and their relationship with their estranged father being a centre-piece is flawed as it goes into so much detail and, really, who gives a ----? None of these characters - the father and 2 sons - is interesting enough to me to care about how they feel. I bought the book as a thriller/spy novel - it certainly isn't thrilling to me and the intrigue angle is wedged between the angst of the brothers. Groan. Oh dear, let's hope Cumming's next book is better than this one. For me, this one's a dead loss.

Hangerworld Wooden 20 Bar Tie Rack Hanger - Scarf, Belt, Accessory Organiser
Hangerworld Wooden 20 Bar Tie Rack Hanger - Scarf, Belt, Accessory Organiser
Offered by Hangerworld

4.0 out of 5 stars Great tie-holder. Good quality, 24 Mar. 2013
Order for my son so that he could keep his ties neatly in his closet. Good quality and good service from provider.

FoxHunter 18FT(5.48M) x 12FT(3.65M) Heavy Duty Waterproof Tarpaulin Groundsheet Cover Tarp Sheet with Strong Aluminium Eyelets and Plastic Reinforced Corners Great for Camping and Outdoor Purpose
Offered by trade-mart

4.0 out of 5 stars Great cover for garden furniture and very versatile!, 24 Mar. 2013
Good quality cover which I am now using to protect a large glass-top table which usually sits in the garden but is confined indoors until the summer. Large enough to easily protect a very large table and the eyelets make it easy to thread through string or other material to tie tightly around whatever object you want to protect. Came quickly after ordering and no problems at all.

My Silent War: The Autobiography of a Spy
My Silent War: The Autobiography of a Spy

4.0 out of 5 stars Not sure how much is the truth, but I enjoyed Philby's take on things ...., 24 Mar. 2013
Take a lot of what a notorious spy like Philby said with a huge dose of salt but enjoyed this book nevertheless. He seeks to portray himself as he hopes others would see him - valiant, honourable to his chosen cause blah de blah. Yeah, right. But having read Chapman Pincher's "Their Trade is Treachery" and other such books I was interested to read this one. Being extremely well-educated this book is, as you might expect, well-written and has great prose.

Hoggs of Fife Mid-Weight Cord Trousers Olive 34" Short (29" Inside leg)
Hoggs of Fife Mid-Weight Cord Trousers Olive 34" Short (29" Inside leg)
Offered by HFS-Online

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality. Good service. What's not to like?, 24 Mar. 2013
Ordered these cords for my (fussy) husband as a Christmas present. He loves them and tells me he would like more! Good, speedy service from suppliers and would definitely reorder and recommend based on my experience.

The Healer
The Healer

4.0 out of 5 stars As a British former resident of Helsinki, I love this book!, 24 Mar. 2013
This review is from: The Healer (Kindle Edition)
This book is quite well-written and I am enjoying the story so far (am about half-way through). I lived in Helsinki for nearly 2 years and only recently (reluctantly) returned to the UK so I am probably biased as the story is set in a city I love and with which I am very familiar! I read other thrillers/crime fiction by Finnish authors and am glad I have found Antti Tuomainen and hope he keeps on writing.

Ex-Pro® Blue Hard Clam Shock proof water resistant Digital Camera Case Bag CR9106F for Panasonic Lumix DMC-FP5, FP7, FT3, FT3, FT10, FX70, FX75, FX700, FX800, LX5, S5, SZ7, TS3, T30, TZ5, TZ6, TZ7, TZ8, TZ10, TZ18, TZ19, TZ20, TZ65, ZS3, ZS8, ZS10
Offered by ExpressPro

5.0 out of 5 stars Matches the camera and should protect it very well, 24 Mar. 2013
Bought this case at the same time as I bought a camer as a gift for my son. He's very pleased with the cover. It does what you think it should do!

Page: 1 | 2