Profile for Auntie Judy > Reviews

The Bullet Journal for Beginners
The Bullet Journal for Beginners
by Karen Lancaster

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful for Bullet Journal beginners, 11 April 2017
I bought this as it was the only book that I could find which explains how to start a bullet journal. It's very helpful in lots of ways, there is a helpful beginners guide at the beginning and a lot of page layouts which you can 'mix and match'. There is also a good resource section at the end. I would have liked more explanations, particularly about indexing, but, all in all, it's a helpful book.

DOTTED BULLET JOURNAL notepaper planner refill insert Filofax Personal Compatible (Grey)
Offered by Domina Group Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Bullet Journal, 5 April 2017
Really nice dotted paper which I am using to enable me to turn my Filofax into a bullet journal. I chose 3 packs (white, turquoise & multi) - I was very pleased with the colours - the multi pack has 5 different colours which will enable me to colour code different subjects. I have already ordered some more. Also, the delivery was a lot quicker than stated.

One Pound Meals: Delicious Food for Less
One Pound Meals: Delicious Food for Less
by Miguel Barclay

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 13 Feb. 2017
Brilliant recipe book - I have already made quite a few of the recipes and was particularly pleased with the Chicken Tartiflette which was extremely tasty. I have also made the Butternut Squash recipes, the Sausage Casserole, the Crab Mac & Cheese & the £1 Sunday Dinner, all of which were easy to make and very enjoyable to eat! This is the only recipe book that I own where all the recipes are for 1 person and I love the concept of using the index to see what I can make the next day with any leftover ingredients. Altogether, it's a well-thought out book with a good selection of recipes, some traditional, some with a more modern feel, some British and a cross-section of International ones. There are photographs of every recipe, each recipe has a brief introduction at the top of the page, the ingredients are clearly laid out and the method for making each recipe is easy to follow. A brilliant book - and exceptionally good value. Thankyou Miguel Barclay!

The Crumbs Family Cookbook: 150 really quick and very easy recipes
The Crumbs Family Cookbook: 150 really quick and very easy recipes
by Claire McDonald

5.0 out of 5 stars Would highly recommend, 17 Jun. 2016
Brilliant book - beautiful cross-section of recipes. The chocolate birthday cake is the only one that I'll make from now on and I would have won our departments bake-off with it if only one of my colleagues hadn't made an identical cake and lined her chocolate finger biscuits around the edge more neatly than me!!!!!!!! A lovely book, not just for families with children but also for those of us who live alone and want to add new recipes to our repertoire.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 9, 2017 2:32 PM GMT

Filofax A5 Clipbook Portable Hole Punch
Filofax A5 Clipbook Portable Hole Punch

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed with this product, 19 May 2016
The only Filofax product that I have ever bought (& I've bought most of them!) that I'm unhappy with. The holes on each side don't line up with each other when you fold it to punch the paper and it wrinkles the paper up giving a very messy finish.

The Not-So-Perfect Heroine
The Not-So-Perfect Heroine
by Gloria Atcheson

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspriration for Flybabies, 23 Feb. 2016
Very much enjoyed this story about how Flylady can transform peoples lives - very inspirational

The Royal Wedding ( Det Kungliga Bröllopet )
The Royal Wedding ( Det Kungliga Bröllopet )
Dvd ~ Linda Nyberg

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful, 22 Feb. 2016
Really enjoyed watching this delightful DVD and was amazed at how different a Swedish Royal Wedding is to a British one. The DVD has extensive coverage of the wedding service, the parade through Stockholm, the Royal Couple on the Royal Barge, the balcony appearance and the wedding reception including all the speeches, the cutting of the cake and the first dance. I was really amused, however, when I selected the MENU button on the DVD, expecting it to contain a list of what the DVD covered - it brought up the 4-course menu for the Wedding Banquet!!!! Would highly recommend this DVD to anyone interested in European Royalty

Clipbook A5 Undated Week To View Diary
Clipbook A5 Undated Week To View Diary

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, 22 Feb. 2016
I'm really pleased that I was able to buy these pages as a refill for my clipbook as I use one of these each week as a planner for housework, meals, appointments etc. They are laid out nicely and have quite a lot of space for each day of the week. Nice quality and reasonable price

Flower Mandalas
Flower Mandalas
by Cynthia Emerlye

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, 22 Feb. 2016
This review is from: Flower Mandalas (Paperback)
Brilliant book - absolutely lovely designs & I really like it that the designs are only on side of the paper. My favourite colouring-in book so far & has the bonus of some really good introductory pages which I found extremely helpful.

Filofax Clipbook Refillable Notebook - Blue
Filofax Clipbook Refillable Notebook - Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE my Clipbook!, 19 Feb. 2016
I absolutely LOVE my Clipbook - I use the Flylady housework system so have turned my Clipbook into a Control Journal. The different pages that come with the Clipbook are brilliant as I have a diary, to-do lists, year planner etc and I have also bought dividers and plastic envelopes which have helped me organise the different sections. I have been using mine on a daily basis for several months and it still looks as good as the day I bought it. Would highly recommend.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3