Profile for Incognito > Reviews

Content by Incognito

Incognito

Torque Pro Elm 327 [ Android ONLY ] [ V1.5 ] OBDII OBD 2 Bluetooth Fault Code Reader - Track Recorder Camera Accessory

5.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of kit, 21 April 2017
Great piece of kit with the app cures fault codes and erases

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
Thus Spoke Zarathustra
by Friedrich Nietzsche

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the most beatiful works in Philosophy ever made, and the most misunderstood, 9 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Thus Spoke Zarathustra (Paperback)
In "Thus Spoke Zarathustra" Nietzsche takes us on the journey of a hermit, which is told in such an eccentric manner that one has to re-read the pages of this book a few times before we can discern a meaning. I oddly read this book as one of the first philosophical works for me to ever touch on, and I must say it set me on course to study more and more philosophy simply for it's releaving brilliance and feeling. To claim to understand Nietzsche completely would be nonsensical, rather I understood instead much of what he advocated, that people be individuals and that they live for their own happyness and to try and not have pity. He saw pity as the means to all of the evil in the world and the reason for all of mankinds problems and despair, instead he tried to go "beyond good and evil" with the aim of making a human being of such purity than all of mankinds problems would be removed. He was also like many of his time, somewhat of an elitist but not in the sense we have come to take it, also he was by no means a fascist as one review would like to claim. Instead he believed people of similar kinds and beliefs should form together as friends who loved each other in the truest form and who would fight for each other to the death. His main battle was against the melanchoy, and much of what he says is in metaphors and can be easily misunderstood which is why it's important to read this book for yourself, and to ignore the propoganda. Whether Nietzsche was correct or not, is rather of little important but what can be taken from reading this book is a mindset you shall find from nowhere else, it is a challenge to what we believe and more importantly one of the most joyful books I've ever touched my hands upon. For those who wish to go on an adventure of a read I would suggest it, it is not for the weak hearted or those who are quick to be frustrated by a hard read but if you can get over it's eccentricness (Which there is a little too much) it's simply brilliant. I'm not sure what else to say without ruining it a bit, for me with no knowledge of it beforehand it was simply amazing to just read and see what I could find. I suggest you stick away from the drudgery of these reviewers who are disliking it on personal means and instead, read something which is truly invidivudal and truly valuable in it's strikingness.

I hope this review if it does nothing else, urges someone on to give this book a go!