Profile for Ro Smith > Reviews

Clip: Annoying Orange - The Man of Peel
Clip: Annoying Orange - The Man of Peel
Dvd

3.0 out of 5 stars Well, you got me., 22 Jan. 2017
The orange could have been more annoying, if I'm honest. But it's only one minute long and you got me to watch it. I feel like you deserve respect just for that.

Sony ICF404L Portable Radio with 3-Band Analogue Tuner
Sony ICF404L Portable Radio with 3-Band Analogue Tuner

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 27 Jun. 2015
Great little radio. Good sound quality. Just what I need to take with me round the house.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 27 Jun. 2015
Great as a wig stand - just what I needed.

Homescapes - Super Microfibre Mattress Topper - Single - Ultra soft Down like Protector - Anti Dust Mite - Wash at Home - 5* Hotel Quality
Offered by HOMESCAPES

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product. My mattress was cheap when I got ..., 27 Jun. 2015
Great product. My mattress was cheap when I got it and has only got worse over the years. I couldn't afford to replace it, but my bed was becoming almost unusable with uneven springs poking through painfully. This mattress topper really saved me! The first time I used it was like heaven. I never wanted to leave my bed again! It's still going strong after more than a year. This is really a bargain way to extend the life of your mattress when a new mattress isn't a possibility.

Hyperbole and a Half: Unfortunate Situations, Flawed Coping Mechanisms, Mayhem, and Other Things That Happened
by Allie Brosh

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't be more pleased with this, 27 Jun. 2015
Couldn't be more pleased with this. I've been a fan of Hyperbole and a Half (the blog) for a long time, and the book was everything I could have hoped for and more! Allie remains unique in her combination of poignancy and wit, especially in her ability to talk about depression in a way that makes it possible to explain it to others. I bought a copy for my sister and asked for a copy for Christmas. Reading both the familiar content and new material got me through a very difficult time.

Can't recommend this strongly enough.

10 x GOLD Kid Childrens Plain Activity Food Loot Favour Birthday Party Bag Gift Box Wedding Toy Christmas
Offered by ToyWarehouseUK

4.0 out of 5 stars This was great for making smart present containers for Christmas, 27 Jun. 2015
This was great for making smart present containers for Christmas. I used them for adult presents, and they looked great. Four stars as a few were a little damaged in transit - not well wrapped - but a great product.

Duronic [Black] VC6 /B [ A Class] Bagless Upright Handheld Stick Vac / Vacuum Cleaner - FREE brush Head & Crevice Tool - Convert from Upright to Hand Held in Seconds!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little vacuum ideal for my small maisonette, 27 Jun. 2015
Great little vacuum ideal for my small maisonette. Super easy to empty, slim to store, light to carry, and powerful enough to do for a small house. Attachments also great. Really awesome value for such a low price! Very happy I bought this!

Lavender Slumber Spray
Lavender Slumber Spray
Offered by beflattered

5.0 out of 5 stars This is great! Smells lovely and completely natural, 27 Jun. 2015
This is great! Smells lovely and completely natural. Smell doesn't last an age, but long enough for a brief spritz to calm the room before bed, or to cover a stinky smell. I've had mine well over a year with frequent use. Planning to buy again when I run out.

Sony Mid-Range In-Ear Headphones with Deep Bass for iPod, iPhone, MP3 and Smartphone - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Hardest wearing good quality in-ear headphones I have owned, 28 April 2013
I had endless trouble with earphones that lasted only a few months, if that, before they broke. I couldn't afford to spend much and basically got what I paid for. I listen to my mp3 player daily walking to and from work, going down the supermarket, the allotment... basically anywhere I have to go when I don't want to be alone with my thoughts. This means my earphones get a lot of use. The real benefit of this pair is that the wire bends off to the side underneath the protective, thicker rubber (plastic?) at the plug end. The main problem I've found is that if your earphones spend a lot of time in your pocket, plugged into your mp3 player, this area is contantly being bent against the player and breaks in a relatively short period of time.

These earphones do not have this issue. I have had them for over a year and they are only just starting to have an issue. And when you consider that I probably put them through a lot more than most people, that's a really good innings. Spending a bit more to get these rather than just buying whatever is cheapest was totally worth it.

To my ears the sound quality was great, too. I'm not in to turning up the bass high, so I couldn't comment on that, but for your everyday user these are perfect. I'm sure specialists with high-end requirements could find fault with them, but I couldn't detect any.

Thoroughly recommended.

Planet Story
Planet Story
by Harry Harrison

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Enjoyable, 24 May 2003
This review is from: Planet Story (Paperback)
This is the ideal entertaining light read. Planet Story has a reasonably adult theme, there's nothing at all explicit or particularly offensive, but its very much adult humour, not suitable for young children. The essential plot tells the story of Private Parts, drafted into service when he refuses to sleep with the chairman of the draft board, and much of the humour centres around the irresitable attraction members of both sexes have towards him - with the exception of the sadistic Colonel Kylling. To say much more would be to give the plot away, but I'm sure you can get a feel for the story from the above.
Jim Burns' illustration is stunning and the perfect complement to Harry Harrison's simple but entertaining space opera. I thoroughly recommend it.

Page: 1 | 2