Profile for A. King > Reviews

Content by A. King

A. King "music nut" (England)

Replacement battery for iPod Touch 4th
Replacement battery for iPod Touch 4th
Offered by The Battery Specialist

1.0 out of 5 stars The ribbon cable is not long long enough to attach ..., 3 Dec. 2016
The ribbon cable is not long long enough to attach to the solder points the way the old one did. Returned and buyer refunded

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Built to last, 6 May 2016
Even better than expected, this was a gift for someone else, and I was so impressed I ordered one for myself 10/10

USB 2.0 MicroSD T-Flash TF M2 Memory Card Reader
USB 2.0 MicroSD T-Flash TF M2 Memory Card Reader
Offered by Newin Home

1.0 out of 5 stars !!! DOES NOT READ M2 CARDS !!!, 22 Sept. 2014
|----------------------------------- |
| Does NOT read M2 cards |
|----------------------------------- |

Kicking myself because I really should have read other peoples reviews before buying.

M2 cards don't even fit in the slot, really, really annoying, would cost more to return than it's worth.

Lesson learned

Dredd
Dredd
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Dredd (DVD)
Probably the most underrated movie in years, everything from the cast, to the storyline, to the in-jokes, perfection

Panasonic DMR-HW120EBK 500GB HDD Recorder with Twin Freeview +HD Tuners
Panasonic DMR-HW120EBK 500GB HDD Recorder with Twin Freeview +HD Tuners

5.0 out of 5 stars First time PVR user, 13 May 2013
It was the strength of the reviews that finally decided me on the
Panasonic DMR-HW120EBK. I was upgrading from an old freeview set top box that must have been ten years old, and had seen better days and was starting to lose signal.
So it was only when looking for a new set top box I found out about PVR's, and
narrowing it down from all the ones available, bought this one.

Like most others, we had an issue with the sound straight off, once you adjusted the sound, touching any other button on the remote, adjusted the sound again in whatever way you had adjusted it, the instinct to press the vol down button when it got too loud, and that only made it even louder was a bit of an annoyance. But the staff on the end of the hotline phone number were simply fantastic, seriously one of the best customer relation/helpful/knowledgeable I've ever dealt with, other companies should watch and learn.

Once the volume problem was settled, it was just a matter of setting up, organising the internet connection, and finding my way around the various menus. All were a breeze to do, the tv guide is simplicity itself, and the series record button a thing of joy.

The picture quality is very, very good, and on the four HD channels is superb,
playing back what you have recorded is also easy to do.

If I was to be super picky, I'd say that the Youtube channel is a little hard to navigate around on, and I would have preferred if I could stream Lovefilm, but
as a choice between BBC iplayer and Lovefilm, BBC won hands down.
My only other gripe is, knowing what I know now, I'd have bought the 1TB model.

Have given 5 stars out of 5, a superb bit of kit

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best You Can Get, 23 Nov. 2010
I ordered this bb gun late on a Sunday night, and was surprised that it arrived by Tuesday, I love it when a company respect's their customers enough, not to keep them waiting forever.
My reason for buying this bb was, I'd bought the last model BlackViper (KA-112TK)
but I had hardly used it when my wife decided it was the best bb she'd ever used and well, she purloined it, so I needed a replacement.
Once out of the box you can see a few differences, the trigger and trigger guard,
the grips, the safety, magazine release, but every change is an improvement on an already superb piece of kit.
The other thing, and maybe this is just the particular one I happened to receive,
is the accuracy, over 20 - 25 feet it was amazingly accurate, the sights are true,
and you hit where you aim, there was no having to aim low to account for the hop up.
I can't recommend this bb enough, feels great, looks great, shoots great, superb price, I haven't had it long enough to see how durable it is, and most probably I won't, I have a feeling I will be ordering another once my missus has tried it,
that's how good it is.

Home Fire
Home Fire
Offered by music_by_mail_uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Blazing Home Fires, 29 Jan. 2009
This review is from: Home Fire (Audio CD)
If you like your Irish music with a touch of the rebel in it, buy this album.
If you hate diddly-twiddly-fiddley-i Irish music, buy this album.
If you like honest, inspirational, quality, acoustic music, buy this album.
If you've never heard of Ron Kavana, buy this album

Finally, never play this album when you have friends over, even friends you trust, they start out saying '' wow, who IS this?, its incredible'' then they end up stealing this c.d. its THAT good.